Interactive Book for 7-Inch Tablets Testing

joepemberton

Is there an APK for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet?

Post by joepemberton »

I have the app on iPad, but would be willing to load the APK for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet.
dmcewen

Anyone have to folio files for the Ensign app?

Post by dmcewen »

I have been trying to use the Ensign app; however, it will not download any content on my Kindle Fire. The Coat on the other hand has absolutely no problem running or downloading content. Anyone, have access to the .library directory of the Ensign app and would be willing to big file transfer an archive of this folder my way? Send my a PM.

Thanks!
MSStringham

Post by MSStringham »

I would like to test with my 8" (eight inch) Vizio Tablet.
bradyrusson

can test

Post by bradyrusson »

I have a rooted Nook Tablet and would be happy to test any apps. I have some app testing experience with uTest as well (gold rating).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bradyrusson wrote:I have a rooted Nook Tablet and would be happy to test any apps. I have some app testing experience with uTest as well (gold rating).
To volunteer for community projects you must follow the procedures found in the wiki article Getting started on a community project.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
EmilyHedrick
Church Employee
Church Employee

Update

Post by EmilyHedrick »

Thank you again for everyone's responses to this thread. I wanted to address a few of the questions and learning processes we have discovered so far.

The LDS Ensign and The Coat app are designed for larger screen tablets (iPad, Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10). It is possible to side load these apps to a different tablet device, however, the experience will be less than optimal.

We are using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to create these interactive books/magazines. I spoke with Adobe and they have told me there isn't a strong support for Android users for now. They are working to change that soon. Hopefully we can have a better Android tablet experience in the near future.

In the meantime, we are close to having the 7'' Tablet test app available. This is an app that will need to be side loaded to 7'' tablets such as the Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab 7. We will be testing out the functionality of the different overlays on different devices. Already we have had many participants volunteer, which has been very helpful to us. We are always looking for testers, feel free to write me if you would like to participate: emily@ldschurch.org
jonmerchant

Post by jonmerchant »

I sent an email, but thought I better say something here too. I've got a stock Kindle Fire that is just begging to test that 7 inch table version!!!!

Thanks...
kc_caboose1

Post by kc_caboose1 »

I down loaded the Ensign from the Church web site onto my Nook Color and it worked just fine. I am very interested in testing for the Nook Color and can't wait to get more for the Nook Color. thanks
jeremycindy07

Post by jeremycindy07 »

kc_caboose1 wrote:I down loaded the Ensign from the Church web site onto my Nook Color and it worked just fine. I am very interested in testing for the Nook Color and can't wait to get more for the Nook Color. thanks

Any chance of getting more details so I can do the same?
EmilyHedrick
Church Employee
Church Employee

7'' Tablet Test Update

Post by EmilyHedrick »

I wanted to give everyone an update on the 7'' Tablet Test project. The APK file will most likely be available tomorrow (Tuesday, February 6th) along with a link where you can submit feedback to. We ask that those who are testing the app on their 7’’ tablet devices respond within 7-10 days. I’m working to post the APK and survey URL on the Interactive Books & Magazines wiki. Otherwise you can email me and I can email you the APK and survey URL directly. Thank you everyone for your enthusiasm in helping us test out our digital publishing platform.

Return to “Interactive Books & Magazines”