Sacrament Meeting Time change?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
michaelwaynesmith

Sacrament Meeting Time change?

Post by michaelwaynesmith »

How does a ward change the Sacrament Meeting time on the Meetinghouse locator?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

michaelwaynesmith wrote:How does a ward change the Sacrament Meeting time on the Meetinghouse locator?
In MLS, under System Options. See in the wiki for details: Edit Meeting Times.

Assuming the time changed January 1st, this should have been done already. When you change the meeting time for this year, make sure you set a reminder for late December (the reminder date is part of the MLS feature for setting the meeting times) so that you take care of this on time next year.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Just a note. It takes a couple of days to get updated in Meetinghouse locator after the Send/Receive.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

When I first tried doing this I had read somewhere that it took a couple of weeks for the change to show up on our Ward web site. So I ended up making the change in MLS much earlier than I needed to. If, for example, your ward changes meeting times at the beginning of the year, you're safe to update the meeting times in MLS on the last Sunday of the year and, by the next Sunday, it will be correct on the ward web site.

As a matter of fact, I updated the meeting times twice at the end of 2011. On December 18 I updated it to reflect our abnormal schedule on Christmas (we normally have Sacrament meeting last). I figured if we had any visitors who would only know when to come based on the meetinghouse locator I wanted that information to be as up-to-date as possible. It worked perfectly. Then, on December 25, I updated the scheule to reflect our 2012 schedule. Again, the web site information was correct within a couple of days.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mrrad wrote:When I first tried doing this I had read somewhere that it took a couple of weeks for the change to show up on our Ward web site.

In the past there have been some interface difficulties. They seem to be very few and far between now. Our success has been much better this year.
michaelwaynesmith

Re: Sacrament Meeting Time change?

Post by michaelwaynesmith »

Now that MLS has been deprecated for most things, how can wards update the sacrament meeting times on the meetinghouse locator?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Meeting times are now updated via Leader and Clerk Resources, under Other > Unit Settings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
selwynt

Post by selwynt »

Can Stake Clerks change meetinghouse information for all the units in the stake, or does each individual ward have to change their own Unit Settings. As stake clerk, I don't seem to have access to be able to edit meetinghouse information in LCR... only their meeting times.

thanks in advance
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

selwynt wrote:Can Stake Clerks change meetinghouse information for all the units in the stake, or does each individual ward have to change their own Unit Settings. As stake clerk, I don't seem to have access to be able to edit meetinghouse information in LCR... only their meeting times.
Meetinghouse Information (Office Phone and Meetinghouse Address) is not editable in LCR for any one. I believe that information has to be updated by the FM group in the FMAT database.
mevans

Post by mevans »

eblood66 wrote:
selwynt wrote:Can Stake Clerks change meetinghouse information for all the units in the stake, or does each individual ward have to change their own Unit Settings. As stake clerk, I don't seem to have access to be able to edit meetinghouse information in LCR... only their meeting times.
Meetinghouse Information (Office Phone and Meetinghouse Address) is not editable in LCR for any one. I believe that information has to be updated by the FM group in the FMAT database.
And sometimes the CDOL team needs to make a separate update. I learned when our ward moved that changes need to be made in two systems (unless they've improved that since our ward moved ~18 months ago)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”