Will there will be access to schedule classes at stake level?

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

aebrown wrote:Actually, we do have knowledge of that. There will not be stake access in the first release.
Oh, I could be wrong, but I thought that the beta version that was online now was the "first release" and intended for beta use only. I could be mistaken, but that was my understanding.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JohnShaw wrote:My point is why the rush now? Why rush to bring out only part of what you want to bake into the system.
I don't see that there is a rush. There is no requirement that units use the beta. The link to the beta has only been publicized in the forum. We have most of this year to test it. There may be a period during 2012 that v1 will be available. But in my opinion that gives time to work out issues that need to be taken care of before everyone begins 2013 with the new lesson scheduler and the classic is retired. The only point I am seeing discussed is that the stake will not have input directly to the online schedule at least for version 1. That could be incorporated before the release that is used for 2013.

Essentially I am repeating what AileneRHerrick has posted. I like the idea of having hands-on before it replaces the classic. The classic is still available and I suspect will be for a while after version 1 is released.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Oh, I could be wrong, but I thought that the beta version that was online now was the "first release" and intended for beta use only. I could be mistaken, but that was my understanding.
Until there is a version 1 it is not an official release. Alpha and beta versions are pre-release stages of development. The release today was beta revision 506, not yet to version 1.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdlessley wrote:Until there is a version 1 it is not an official release. Alpha and beta versions are pre-release stages of development. The release today was beta revision 506, not yet to version 1.

Okay, got it.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

Will the Scheduler be available in other languages with Version 1? Hopefully German is available : -)
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I need to clarify some things here, and I see I should have been clearer earlier. Once the known bugs in this version are worked out, we will reset the data, remove the beta warnings, and begin linking to the application. It will then be officially available for wards to use.

In other words, the functionality that is there right now is the intended functionality for the 1.0 release. We still have a developer fixing bugs, but our resources are being moved on to other projects right now.

Our goal right now is to wrap up before the end of the month.

There are enhancements on our backlog for future releases, which we intend to fund, but we don't get to choose our own budget, so I can't give a timeline. We really tried to focus on the most basic functionality that would make the application useful. There are lots of cool bells and whistles that we had to leave out for now.

gxwheel wrote:Will the Scheduler be available in other languages with Version 1? Hopefully German is available : -)

Once we are fairly certain there are no more major changes to the UI, we will submit the English strings to translation. As far as I know, we intend to submit for the same 11 languages the calendar is available in. However, when using the lesson in a language, your manual selections will be limited to the manuals that are available on LDS.Org in the language you have selected, which may vary based on the language.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdcr256 wrote:I need to clarify some things here.
Thank you! Your response was helpful. :)
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Oh, and since it's my fault that I wasn't clearer that this was a short beta, I'll try to sooth the wounds by saying as much as I can. You want us to move on to the other projects.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdcr256 wrote:Oh, and since it's my fault that I wasn't clearer that this was a short beta, I'll try to sooth the wounds by saying as much as I can. You want us to move on to the other projects.
Don't worry. No offense taken here. I think you did good by focusing on the ward level first.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:You want us to move on to the other projects.

Ooooh, do tell! <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”