Cant drag pin in Chrome 17.0

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
paulpehrson

Cant drag pin in Chrome 17.0

Post by paulpehrson »

I can't drag the pin as the directions suggest using Chrome 17.0. I can click on the pin, then click on the map, but that's not what the directions suggest I do.

Win 7 Ent SP1 - 64 bit - 8GB RAM
Chrome 17.0
srwhite

Can't drag the Pin in Firefox either.

Post by srwhite »

Computer-Hannspree Netbook
OS- Windows 7
Browser - Firefox 10.0.2

I was just about to mention the same thing. I suspect it is just a terminology issue. It is amazing how many times I tried before I notice that just clicking the Icon changed the cursor.Image
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I cannot "drag and drop" in Safari either.

I can click on the pin and then click on the map.

Browser: Safari 5.1.2
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

paulpehrson wrote:I can't drag the pin as the directions suggest using Chrome 17.0. I can click on the pin, then click on the map, but that's not what the directions suggest I do.

Which instructions are you (and the other posters to this thread) talking about? The only instructions I can find are in the LDS Maps help topic (for the current LDS Maps, not the beta version), and in the text that appears as you hover over the marker ("Place Marker to See What's Nearby"). Neither place says anything about dragging.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

aebrown wrote:Which instructions are you (and the other posters to this thread) talking about?
On the home page of the Beta Maps application, there is a list of links. At (or near) the bottom, there is a link that says "See What's Nearby" and the caption immediately below the link says, "Drag and drop the pin in the toolbar at the top right to see what's nearby."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:On the home page of the Beta Maps application, there is a list of links. At (or near) the bottom, there is a link that says "See What's Nearby" and the caption immediately below the link says, "Drag and drop the pin in the toolbar at the top right to see what's nearby."
Thanks for the clarification. I don't think I've ever bothered to scroll down that far.

So there are actually two terminology problems with that text:
  • It speaks of "drag and drop", when really it is "click and place"
  • It speaks of a "pin" when really it's a marker (that's what it's called when you hover over it, and that's what it was called in the previous documentation).
But I think it's only a text problem, not a functionality problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Beta Maps”