Study Notebook Export

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Jethrojones

Re: Study Notebook Export

Post by Jethrojones »

I exported my items, and it appears that everything is there. I have notes from 2013 all the way through to notes from 2021.
bpurser

Post by bpurser »

I checked and I am still getting just two notes from 2016. My total should be many thousand. Hopefully others will find the export function has started to work for them.
bpurser

Post by bpurser »

Actually, I tried an export from the Windows Gospel Library app and that app produced a spreadsheet with all 7,000+ of my highlights. The export only included the three fields: date of edit, color of highlight, and chapter where the highlight was made. The missing field that I am most wanting is of course the individual notes that I have added to many of those highlights.
kcrenshaw

Post by kcrenshaw »

I was interested in looking over all my notes, so I did a Notes export just now, and it worked just fine. Several thousand of them. It’s possible that this has been fixed.
BTW, The website lets you edit and clean up tags which you may have misspelled. Very nice. :-)
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

Notes export is still not working for me. Whenever I try to export the system times out. Same result every time I try. I have many thousands of notes. I don't know if that complicates things for me when others may not be experiencing the same problem.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

The error I get is "Can't Open the Page". Same result every attempt.
bpurser

Post by bpurser »

My export is still not working. To clarify, I am going to this web page: www.churchofjesuschrist.org/notes and clicking the "export my notes" icon in the upper right. I do not get an error, just and empty csv file.
robfanny

Post by robfanny »

I just tried an export and got exactly the same result. No error, just an empty CSV file.

Would love it if this could be fixed.

Phil

Post by bpurser » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:37 am
My export is still not working. To clarify, I am going to this web page: www.churchofjesuschrist.org/notes and clicking the "export my notes" icon in the upper right. I do not get an error, just and empty csv file.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

I just tried to export my notes again with the same result as I have had for many months (perhaps a couple of years): I get a browser message that says it can't load the page and it times out. I suspect it's because I have so many notes. 10 years ago when I was working with tech support on another issue, they told me I had 65,000 notes or some number such as that, and I have many, many more than that now--maybe double I would suspect. Perhaps their system isn't set up to handle that kind of load.
bpurser

Post by bpurser »

I am happy to report that exporting of personal study notes is working again!!! I was able to export all of my personal scripture notes into a CSV file using two methods:
1) Using the Windows Gospel Library app, click the Notes icon on the left, then look for an Export button just above the first note that is shown on the screen.
2) The download button on the personal notes web page also is working: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/notes
The format of each CSV is slightly different so if you have a Windows machine you may want to try both methods and see which format is best for your needs.

Many thanks to the developers who added this feature back into the apps!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”