LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I have reported this problem in Jira (it's LDSTOOLSWINPHONE-23 for those with access to the LDSTech Jira system). Hopefully that will get some attention.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

Thanks aebrown!
bjcoleman

Really too bad

Post by bjcoleman »

The problem persists. Now it's dragging down the App reviews. A bunch of one star reviews have been posted by folks unable to login. I really hope that this gets fixed promptly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I finally heard from someone with a definitive answer. David Staheli is a developer at the Church and this is his response:

[font=&quot]On February 29th (Leap Day), a special “HttpOnly” Web cookie that is used for LDS Account authentication stopped being visible inside Windows Phone applications. As far as we can tell, this problem may be a bug in Windows Phone related to Leap Day, because no known changes were made to the Church’s authentication system, and no other mobile operating systems experienced the problem. We found an alternative way to authenticate, and quickly released new versions of the Church’s Windows Phone apps. Updates to these apps should appear in the Marketplace today or tomorrow. As soon as you update your apps, the problem should disappear. We apologize for the inconvenience. [/font]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

Thanks aebrown (and David Staheli) - this is terrific news.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

did update and still can't log in and refresh still won't authenticate.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

I didn't get the update pushed to me. Gospel library did update.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

aebrown - are you able to ask if there is a new date they are shooting for to release this to the Market? It's been a few days and the update isn't showing up. Just want to make sure that it doesn't slip through the cracks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bjcoleman wrote:aebrown - are you able to ask if there is a new date they are shooting for to release this to the Market? It's been a few days and the update isn't showing up. Just want to make sure that it doesn't slip through the cracks.
I've passed on the question to David Staheli. I'll post a response here when I hear back from him.
dhansen007

Does the Marketplace contain the updated app?

Post by dhansen007 »

as all the others have expressed, i have the same problem. after reading this, and b/c i hadn't received the update, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app - however, the issue still persists. was just wondering if the marketplace had the updated app. thanks!

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”