LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
nertz1

LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Post by nertz1 »

When I try to log in after installing LDS Tools it tells me that my username or password is incorrect. Username and password work fine here and LDS.org. Any help please? I have already uninstalled it and re-installed it.
rrperkin

Post by rrperkin »

Same here, and the link to register takes me to a web page, where the same LDS Account credentials work to log in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you have any "odd" characters in either your user name or password? Anything non-alphanumeric?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wedge9k

Post by wedge9k »

I'm also having this problem. It was working just fine last Sunday when I downloaded updated information for the calendar in my ward. However my phone got erased so I had to re-download the app on Saturday and since then it says that the e-mail and password are wrong. My wife's account won't work either.

As a test I had my buddy who also has a Windows Phone try to download updated data for the LDS Tools app on his phone and it said the same thing to him (wrong e-mail / password). So it looks like 100% repro from the people who have tried it that I know. It was working last week some something between Sunday afternoon and Saturday morning caused the issue.

My wife and I only have alpha numeric characters in our user names.
rrperkin

Post by rrperkin »

RussellHltn wrote:Do you have any "odd" characters in either your user name or password? Anything non-alphanumeric?

No. The same credentials work on my Android devices and on the iPad.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Wedge9k wrote:since then it says that the e-mail and password are wrong. My wife's account won't work either.

That's odd as it should be user name, not email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jcrunch

Same thing here

Post by jcrunch »

I only recently received a new Windows phone and I am having the same issue as the others here. Any help???
jpete50801

I am having the same issue with my account and my wife's

Post by jpete50801 »

Both my wife and I have windows 7 phones. I have install LDS tools on both phones and neither of our accounts work on either of the phones.

Phone 1 HTC Titan with full windows updates
Phone 2 LG Quantum with full windows updates

Wife's username and password are alpha numeric with no odd characters
My account is alpha numeric with a ! at the end of my password.

Useful tool for my calling but I can not use it.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Mine also has failed signin with invalid Username and/or password. Version 1.6.0.0 running on Samsung Focus S with ALL updates.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

Just got a brand new Lumia in the mail today. First app I loaded was LDS Tools. I'm running into the same error as everyone else. Works fine on my Android devices but the WP device isn't authenticating. My standard password is a mix of alpha/numeric - no special characters. I tried:

-- Using my email as my user name (along with just my user name)
-- Changed my password a couple of times

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”