Family History Center Computers

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Family History Center Computers

Post by lajackson »

BEWilson wrote:Would you suggest another software that would be more appropriate? I have been asked by the Stake to find a solution for our two FHCs.
You might try checking with the Family History Department. I am sure they will be able to tell you what, if any, software is approved for this purpose.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Exactly my thought. Call FHC Support.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
BEWilson

Post by BEWilson »

Will do, thank you for the suggestion
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I do see TeamViewer as a install in the FHC portal, but the language makes me think it might be for FHC support to connect, rather than for the FHC itself to use.

I'd also recommend calling FHC Support. However, you'll have to get past the service missionaries who (in my experience) may be happy to make up answers and will resist all efforts to have the call escalated to the actual staff.

You could try installing TeamViewer from the FHC Portal and if it allows you to do what you want to do, you're probably OK. If not, then that's probably your answer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History Centers”