calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

davesudweeks wrote:Exactly. Everyone seems to be trying to use "events" to reserve the building for the different wards and that only serves to block legitimate uses. However, that seems to suite many because it forces everyone to call the building scheduler to add their event
One problem you may run into with the method, and perhaps you have already seen this, is that a resource can never be double booked (two events using the same resource) regardless of who is trying to do the scheduling. This means that if someone schedules an event for an entire location a building scheduler cannot put in another event at the same time using any of the resources in that location. The one piece of control the scheduler does have over that first is event is to edit or delete it.

Just something to keep in mind.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kyleq wrote:One problem you may run into with the method, and perhaps you have already seen this, is that a resource can never be double booked (two events using the same resource) regardless of who is trying to do the scheduling. This means that if someone schedules an event for an entire location a building scheduler cannot put in another event at the same time using any of the resources in that location. The one piece of control the scheduler does have over that first is event is to edit or delete it.

Just something to keep in mind.

Yes, you are exactly correct. This is the problem we are experiencing, the reason for my comments, and the frustration with trying to work within the new Calendar model when there are individuals who are untrained (or unwilling/unable to follow the training) and gum up the works doing it the old way.

It finally got to the point where I stopped trying to help (it is not my responsibility anyway).

Return to “Calendar”