Featured Article not Featured after adding new article fetured in another category

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
failproof

Featured Article not Featured after adding new article fetured in another category

Post by failproof »

Here's the scenario:

I had a featured article in my Elders Quorum category, showing as expected at the top when I select that category.

I added a new article giving it the "Relief Society" category and the "Elders Quorum" category. I selected Featured Article, but only selected to apply that to the "Relief Society" category because I want the previous one already featured for "Elders Quorum" to stay at the top for Elders.

After saving, I view the "Relief Society" category and all looks good.

I then view the "Elders Quorum" category and the new article that I did not feature for Elders Quorum is on top. The previously featured artilce is right below it with the "Featured Article" tag above it. The new article does not have the "Featured Article" tag above it. Appears that because this new one was Featured in another category, it is causing it to sort to the top even in categories that it was not featured.

I added a new article with only the "Elders Quorum" category, and not featured.

Going back to the "Elders Quorum" category, the sort order has the Non-featured in EQ but Fetured in RS article on top, the originally Featured article for EQ next, and then the newest, non-featured EQ article where it should be after the featured article.

Hopefully that is clear enough to follow.

Likely not pertinent to this observed issue: My calling is Ward Website Administrator. I created the articles in Chrome, but sort order is the same (as I would expect) in both IE8 and Chrome.
dwsmith2

Post by dwsmith2 »

It looks like the option to specifiy which category receives the feature isn't activated yet. That's my guess, but I'm not sure.
failproof

Post by failproof »

I thought of that as well, but the "Featured Article" tag/label that sits above featured articles doesn't show for the category I didn't mark as featured, so it is at least partially working. Just isn't sorting as it should.

Return to “Beta Newsletter”