Gospel Library Ideas\Suggestions

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
MDF512

Re: Gospel Library Ideas\Suggestions

Post by MDF512 »

I think that you should be able to export all your nnoet as tools and be able t oo have them printed up for you

I also think that being able to attach pictures to various scriptures could be vary useful in seminary

Another suggestion would be to have the abilability to stream confrence though gospel library.

Maybe you could have a notification that could be set to help you get your 10 min of reading a day.

A journal could also be added into the library.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

MDF512 wrote:A journal could also be added into the library.
This feature already exists in the Gospel Library. Home screen > Notes > Journal.

FWIW,

Liz
Jrgarn

Post by Jrgarn »

Now I haven't looked at any of the other suggestions, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but I think it would be awesome if there was a widget for the gospel library app that could help you ponderize the scriptures. So like you would put the widget on the page and then you would choose a scripture to use so it will display it on that widget so you can always see it! Also another cool function would be a banner, of either the same scripture or a different, where you just pull down your screen and then you can see the scripture whenever you are doing anything so you can always ponderize!

That is all, thank you for your time :)

Jake
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Jrgarn wrote:Now I haven't looked at any of the other suggestions, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but I think it would be awesome if there was a widget for the gospel library app that could help you ponderize the scriptures. So like you would put the widget on the page and then you would choose a scripture to use so it will display it on that widget so you can always see it! Also another cool function would be a banner, of either the same scripture or a different, where you just pull down your screen and then you can see the scripture whenever you are doing anything so you can always ponderize!
Jake,

That is a fabulous idea! There's a bookmark widget, surely it couldn't be too hard to make this widget. This is easily in the top 5 best ideas for GL!

Liz
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

The JST selections in the appendix should indicate differences from the KJV in italic type.
(I assume it is available, since the online scriptures include that feature, and that it is possible, since the headings in GLA are in italics.)
vlholyoak

Post by vlholyoak »

I would really like to see the list of notebook topics created by the user alphabetized. I have dozens if not more topics created from my study and have found that when I want to go back to a topic that I have studied, it is sometimes very difficult to find the desired notebook. I can not figure out the current method for listing the notebook topics as it is very inconsistent and does not seem to follow any particular logic. Thank you for considering my request.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

For all those posting suggestions here, please note that no one who can actually consider your request is likely to see these posts. Use the Feedback option in the Gospel Library app (under Help) to submit your suggestions.

Making suggestions here can lead to valuable discussions among community members, but if you want any decision makers to see them, use the Feedback option.
davidkleven

Post by davidkleven »

I wish there was a way to add LDS books, like Jesus the Christ, to Gospel Library. That way we could use the highlight, cross reference, an notes functions all on one place. That would tremendously help gospel study.

Thank you.
David Kleven
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

David,

When you say "like Jesus the Christ", I assume you mean "the way they added Jesus the Christ" (as opposed to "add books such as Jesus the Christ") - because Jesus the Christ actually is in there.

I tend to agree, though - I wish they had more such books in there. What I've done is add comments referencing external books, including where to find them on my device / computer (e.g. PDF, Deseret Bookshelf, etc.). I actually note which app / form the book is in, and the page number or some similar reference. I've also copied quotes from the external source and pasted them into notes in GL, so that if there was something specific, I wouldn't have to leave the GL to see it.

FWIW,

Liz
jaylundgreen

Post by jaylundgreen »

I really wish that Gospel Library was more bi-lingual friendly. For many of us who serve in Spanish speaking callings (or other languages I am sure) we are caught between two worlds. I have years of highlighted scriptures and personal notes that go with them in the English scriptures on Gospel Library, but none of those verses are marked when I switch to Spanish. Also, switching back and forth from Spanish (or some other language) and English requires me to go out of where I am reading and then navigate back to that same spot in the other language. I wish I could seamlessly switch back and forth.

These two things would be GAME CHANGERS.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”