Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jasonhyer

Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Post by jasonhyer »

This post is intended to list some common issues that we see in Gospel Library for Android and to list troubleshooting steps for each of those items. This post will list the common issues and separat posts will list the troubleshooting steps for each of those issues. As we don't know how often these issues happen, we would appreicate if you could post a follow-up comment to indicate if you have had that issue and how often if it has happened more than once.

Issues:
  1. Unable to Open Database
  2. Force Close when opening content
  3. Unable to download new magazines or General Conference
  4. Unable to highlight all content
Please note that the app stores the Database on your device's SD card. We see many issues caused when that SD card has corruption or it is not communicating well with your device. This can happen on any SD card but we see it more often on SD cards that are more than a couple of years old or ones that came with your device. Some manufacturers by not have provided good quality sd cards with the device and so are prone to more problems the older they get. If you have any issue related to database corruption (unable to open DB, Force close when opening content, unable to download new magazines or conferences), a good trouble shooting step would be to try using a different sd card. This very often resolves the issues.

Now look to the specific posts for solutions to the four listed issues above.
Jason Hyer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jasonhyer wrote:This post is intended to list some common issues that we see in Gospel Library for Android and to list troubleshooting steps for each of those items.

I would recommend that such content be placed in the wiki, which is a better repository for reference material. Then you can just make a post here and link to it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

We have it in the wiki as well but find often that we get the same questions from the forum from people that never visit the wiki. so we are taking a multi-proned approach at trying to disseminate this information.

It would be helpful if this were made a sticky comment on this tree of the forum.
Jason Hyer
SmithDO

Post by SmithDO »

I have had a problem several times where if I am downloading a large amount of gospel library materials then at some point the app will crash. When I open the app again I get a message saying the database has been corrupted causing me to start over. I have found that turning off indexing while downloading has eliminated the problem. I am happy to post this in the wiki as well if someone can point me where I might go to do that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Gospel Library for Android is the main Android Gospel Library wiki article. The How To Guide may be a good place for this type of information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dantriplett

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for

Post by dantriplett »

I had 2 year old Gospel Library running on Acer A100. It didn't automatically show President Benson's manual to download. I tried updating Gospel Library and find my Acer A100 is "incompatible with present version" of Gospel Library. Can I download a not so new version of Gospel Library that is compatible with Acer Iconia A100 and enable download of President Benson's manual for this year's study?
nmecantwin73

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for

Post by nmecantwin73 »

dantriplett wrote: ...Can I download a not so new version of Gospel Library that is compatible with Acer Iconia A100 and enable download of President Benson's manual for this year's study?
In the link above for Gospel Library for Android, there are links to APK files of older versions still available to download and install. Perhaps one of those may work for you.
raefisch

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Post by raefisch »

I consistently get an error message of failure to link notations requiring A new log in to see more info. Then my login is not accepted . I reset my password once and the error message quit popping up. But has started again
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

raefisch wrote:I consistently get an error message of failure to link notations requiring A new log in to see more info. Then my login is not accepted . I reset my password once and the error message quit popping up. But has started again
Are you able to log in on LDS.org without any problems?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brendenjensen

Post by brendenjensen »

I had to delete the app because it was being super slow and making my tablet super slow. It was also giving me these pop ups which would not go away. that caused me too power off my tablet all the way and turn it back on. I then deleted the app. And this was all in less than one hour.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”