Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Post by sbradshaw »

kkeller65 wrote:Aarrggghhhh.
Very frustrated by the search feature in LDS gospel library.
Used to list scriptures in each volume of scripture, OR, NT, BoM, D&C
Now there is no difference between the ALL and the Scripture feature.
The best way to search in Gospel Library if you know what section it's in is to go to that section, then perform the search. For example, if you only want results from the scriptures, go to the Scriptures section, tap search, type the word or phrase you want to search, then tap the search suggestion right below the search box that says "Find x in Scriptures." You can do something similar inside a book (like the Book of Mormon), a sub-book (like 1 Nephi), or a single chapter.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dmontero

Having highlighting issues with Gospel Library for Android

Post by dmontero »

I use all different colors when highlighting my scriptures so that I can associate various topic matters with the colors. I am switching the color and underline/highlight all the time. Most of the time lately, it takes the app about a minute to change colors after I switch. It won't let me scroll onto something else until it changes. This takes away from the spirit while reading and has me taking double or triple time to read my scriptures. Please help!!!!
kevalina

Post by kevalina »

The app on my Kindle HD Fire will not sync & now I get a popup telling me that there's an update & I will lose all my bookmarks unless I sync. When I do attempt to sync, I get an error message that my username and/or password are incorrect, although I have no problem logging in on lds.org or even the app on my phone. I'd uninstall & reinstall the app on my Kindle if my bookmarks were sync'd with the app on my phone. Suggestions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kevalina wrote:The app on my Kindle HD Fire will not sync & now I get a popup telling me that there's an update & I will lose all my bookmarks unless I sync. When I do attempt to sync, I get an error message that my username and/or password are incorrect, although I have no problem logging in on lds.org or even the app on my phone. I'd uninstall & reinstall the app on my Kindle if my bookmarks were sync'd with the app on my phone. Suggestions?
What version of Gospel Library are you running?
What version of Android or Fire OS do you have on your Kindle HD Fire?
kevalina

Post by kevalina »

Gospel Library version 4.2.3.2
Kindle version 7.5.1
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Older versions of Gospel Library for Android aren't able to connect to LDS Account authentication servers because the servers were recently upgraded (October 2018) to support newer security standards. You'll need to update your app to Gospel Library 5. If everything goes smoothly, you won't lose unsynced annotations when upgrading from Gospel Library 4 to Gospel Library 5, but there is a slim chance that there could be a hiccup during the upgrade process. To minimize the risk, I would recommend closing other open apps and connecting to a good internet connection the first time you open Gospel Library 5, after updating from the store. On that first launch, Gospel Library goes through a process of migrating database changes (which includes migrating annotations). After you upgrade, you should be able to sign in and sync.
kevalina

Post by kevalina »

Thank you. I think I'll make note of the ones that aren't synced just in case they don't carry over. On another note, I don't know if it's the app, age of my Kindle, or combination of both, but I consistently have problems with it (gospel app) loading very slowing or not opening at all. This is the only app that behaves like this. Ordinarily it is always up-to-date as it does so automatically (which I don't like), except for now as I've kept the internet off to prevent it from updating until I was able to determine the sign in problem.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate the quick response.
teresa339

New kindle fire will not update Gospel library app

Post by teresa339 »

I have a new kindle fire which I just received. I downloaded the Gospel Library app from Amazon. The app did install and prompted me to open it, but when I try to open the app it says updating and appears to try to update for about 2 seconds, then goes back to my Gospel library icon on my kindle.
Please help, as I bought my family Kindle Fires for Christmas so that they could use Gospel Library.

Thank You
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: New kindle fire will not update Gospel library app

Post by rmrichesjr »

teresa339 wrote:... Please help, ...
Just to make sure expectations are set correctly, this is a user-to-user forum, not an official help/support request channel. While a few Church employees visit the forums occasionally, there is no guarantee anyone with the ability to help solve your specific difficulty will see your post. The most effective way to get specific help is to use a help, support, or feedback link or button in the app or where you downloaded the app.
stormmysky

Re: New kindle fire will not update Gospel library app

Post by stormmysky »

teresa339 wrote:I have a new kindle fire which I just received. I downloaded the Gospel Library app from Amazon. The app did install and prompted me to open it, but when I try to open the app it says updating and appears to try to update for about 2 seconds, then goes back to my Gospel library icon on my kindle.
Please help, as I bought my family Kindle Fires for Christmas so that they could use Gospel Library.

Thank You
Im having the same problem. It’s suoer frustrating. I got the new kindle fire 8 for my grandpa for Christmas so he could use the gospel library. Nothing works. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Updating and restarting device. I’m stumped.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”