Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android

Post by sbradshaw »

flavioprado wrote:I have the same problem, please can someone from the support give an answer?
There are several issues on this thread, going all the way back to 2012 (many of the issues have been fixed). Which issue are you seeing?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

flavioprado wrote:I have the same problem, please can someone from the support give an answer?
Note that this forum is just user-to-user help. To get official support you need to use the feedback link in the app itself.
PODiedrichSr

Post by PODiedrichSr »

The editor is gives me problem. It does not recognize keys. I am having problems with Gospel Library on both my phone and my Kindle. On the phone says it is not compatible with the version of windows on the phone. On the Kindle t keeps getting messages 'failed to create download directory. I no longer receive paper copies of manuals and magazines. and depend my electronic copies. I am sure the church leadership wants members to have access to church publications. How do I get a working copy of the gospel Library again?
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal contact information removed.
jorban

Post by jorban »

I have a friend with android and none of the new gospel doctrine lessons appear in app. It’s only showing BoM lessons from last year. What to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jorban wrote:I have a friend with android and none of the new gospel doctrine lessons appear in app. It’s only showing BoM lessons from last year. What to do?
I'd suggest reading Supported Android versions for Gospel Library. I suspect your friend is running an old version of the software.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tanchr

Post by tanchr »

Just the last couple of days my gospel library won't open. It tries then says gospel library has stopped working.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

PODiedrichSr wrote:The editor is gives me problem. It does not recognize keys. I am having problems with Gospel Library on both my phone and my Kindle. On the phone says it is not compatible with the version of windows on the phone. On the Kindle t keeps getting messages 'failed to create download directory. I no longer receive paper copies of manuals and magazines. and depend my electronic copies. I am sure the church leadership wants members to have access to church publications. How do I get a working copy of the gospel Library again?
What version of Windows does your phone have?
For the Kindle, what version of the app are you running (you can check in the app's Settings)? Are you running low on space on the device?
In the meantime, the scriptures and other materials are also available at https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/lib
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

tanchr wrote:Just the last couple of days my gospel library won't open. It tries then says gospel library has stopped working.
Make sure you're running the latest version of Gospel Library (currently 4.4.2, which was released on May 15th):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .lds.ldssa

Also, make sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services installed:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroid.gms
RickBulow1974

Post by RickBulow1974 »

Am having a hafd time logging into the Gospel Library on my phone. It says I am not verified. I had changed my password a few times on LDS.org and then inputted the same data into the Gospel Library and it still says I am not verified.
kkeller65

Post by kkeller65 »

Aarrggghhhh.
Very frustrated by the search feature in LDS gospel library.
Used to list scriptures in each volume of scripture, OR, NT, BoM, D&C
Now there is no difference between the ALL and the Scripture feature.

I can't find anything

Please bring back the old search.

Please, i'm begging you

Return to “Android Gospel Library”