Library Content and Images

condorman

Library Content and Images

Post by condorman »

What are the chances of incorporating all the pictures, puzzles, games, and other similar items into the electronic copy of all manual books?

For example, the GD manual will say "Draw the following three images on the board and ask class members to ...".

Well, my electronic copy lacks these things so I find myself having to round up and carry the book anyway.
maybd

Post by maybd »

I agree. This would be most helpful.

It would also be great to link to those videos that are available electronically. I teach the 12-13 yr. old Sunday School and end up spending ~15 minutes each week looking for online options to show the videos.
scotthamilton57
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scotthamilton57 »

While not currently available on mobile devices (to my knowledge), the electronic copy on lds.org includes these images. As you prepare the lesson, you could print the images off of lds.org and take several papers with you instead of the entire manual. Although, I would also be interested in seeing images through the Gospel Library app on my iPhone.
igodfreyx

Re: Library Content and Images

Post by igodfreyx »

I am currently developing church materials in epub/mobi and I can tell you this:

It's not only possible, IT'S EASY!

The only trouble is, many materials (such as CFM) are discarded after a month and it's of no use to offstreamers to include them. Plus, there's too few to develop and too much to turn into a readable and generally good looking ebook.

So my final answer: Easily, but until the offstream channel for content gets more devs, highly unlikely your specific material(s) will have them included.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re:

Post by jonesrk »

scotthamilton57 wrote:While not currently available on mobile devices (to my knowledge), the electronic copy on lds.org includes these images. As you prepare the lesson, you could print the images off of lds.org and take several papers with you instead of the entire manual. Although, I would also be interested in seeing images through the Gospel Library app on my iPhone.
Another option is to download the pdf of the lesson to your device, then you can have the images with you during class.

Return to “E-Books”