BlackBerry Playbook Problems

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
ronbrey

BlackBerry Playbook Problems

Post by ronbrey »

I downloaded the Gospel Library for BlackBerry Playbook when it was first released. Everything worked great with exception of the program freezing occasionally. Several weeks ago the annotations feature suddenly no longer worked. In the past, the pop-up menu for highlighting, notes, etc would come up whenever I would touch a verse. Now when I touch a verse the pop-up menu no longer appears. I've tried deleting/reinstalling the application, re-syncing, signing in/out, all with no success. I've had to go back to using the Gospel Library on my iPod but would love to return using the program on my Playbook. Any ideas?
kaxorpie

Same Issue

Post by kaxorpie »

I've been having the same issues. Is there an update in progress?
rskifton

Same here...

Post by rskifton »

It just doesn't highlight anymore. It's seems I didn't even do anything to bring this on, but it probably is because of the latest playbook update (2.0.1.358).
proubinet

Post by proubinet »

I have been having the same issue. I was told developers monitor this forum. Hopefully someone will get this fixed. I have not been able to highlight or add annotations since the last 2.0 update. I have tried re-installing from app world and by side loading, neither have gotten the highlighting to work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

proubinet wrote:I was told developers monitor this forum. Hopefully someone will get this fixed.
Often the developers do monitor this forum. But to make sure they know of something, it is best to submit a bug report through the e-mail address they have established for the particular device you are using.
proubinet

Post by proubinet »

lajackson wrote:Often the developers do monitor this forum. But to make sure they know of something, it is best to submit a bug report through the e-mail address they have established for the particular device you are using.

I did that a month ago. :mad:
rskifton

Post by rskifton »

proubinet wrote:I did that a month ago. :mad:
Me too, no reply! :confused:
proubinet

Post by proubinet »

Based on the fact that nobody seems to get a response on the highlighting issue I get the feeling the developers have better things to do. I wish they would try to fix it, but PlayBook users must not be important enough.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

proubinet wrote:Based on the fact that nobody seems to get a response on the highlighting issue I get the feeling the developers have better things to do. I wish they would try to fix it, but PlayBook users must not be important enough.

This is likely a community project where the developers are donating their time. I also suspect there's not very many of them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
digbads

Post by digbads »

I work on the BB stuff, but the PlayBook version is based on the Android version. Once PlayBook upgraded its OS from the initial 2.0 release, the highlighting stopped working. We have been looking for a fix, but our abilities on debugging the Android stuff on the PlayBook are limited. We are looking for community help to assist us with it, but haven't got any responses yet. If anyone knows a Android/PlayBook developer that could assist us, please have them contact me at h.rushton@ldschurch.org.

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”