Deceased member still showing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
zaneclark

Deceased member still showing

Post by zaneclark »

A member died 2 years ago and I recorded this in the MLS. His wife recently remarried and so I created a new record for her and her new husband. I decided to check LDS Tools to see if the marriage was there and it was, but also her deceased husband is still listed with her as a seperate household. I update regularly and was able to see the new marriage, but I can't get rid of the deceased husband. I have checked MLS and everything is correct there. Anything else I can do?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:I have checked MLS and everything is correct there. Anything else I can do?

This sounds like a support desk call.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That sounds it could be a outgrowth of the system's tendency to add non-member husbands to the directory. As long as the sister's current marriage is recorded properly in MLS, then I think the only thing you can do is call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:That sounds it could be a outgrowth of the system's tendency to add non-member husbands to the directory. As long as the sister's current marriage is recorded properly in MLS, then I think the only thing you can do is call Local Unit Support.

Well, I called Local Unit Support and HE referred me back to this group because they do not have anyone who works with LDS Tools. He said the programmers for Tools monitor the Tech forum and could help me.... So programmers, are you out there?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you see the same problem with the Directory on lds.org? If so, then you can dump the problem back onto them.

Otherwise, see the contact listed on the LDS_Tools_for_iPhone - Known Issues page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote: I decided to check LDS Tools to see if the marriage was there and it was, but also her deceased husband is still listed with her as a seperate household.

I have a case where the man is listed alone as head of house, but his deceased wife is listed with him in the adjacent two household entries.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Do you see the same problem with the Directory on lds.org? If so, then you can dump the problem back onto them.

This seems to be something different. LDS.org does not show the problem of multiple entries for heads of household. It appears LDS Tools is picking up the current status, along with the status of one or two prior historical entries, and listing them all as current in the Directory.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:Do you see the same problem with the Directory on lds.org? If so, then you can dump the problem back onto them.

Otherwise, see the contact listed on the LDS_Tools_for_iPhone - Known Issues page.
I went to the site in the wiki and followed one of their suggestions to delete and reload the app.... This worked for the deceased members, but I have a separate problem with a family showing in a different ward....and only in Tools. The Directory entries are ok. I'm going to read the "known Issues" carefully and see if I missed something.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Just received this from the Tools support people:
Thanks for contacting us. We're aware of this issue with LDS Tools. Our Developers have created a resolution that will be released shortly.
mamouneym

Members appearing in LDS tools who shouldn't be

Post by mamouneym »

Hi, We have had the same problem in our stake. One of our units has reported (and I have verified it) that in the directory view of LDS tools where it lists the household names it usually lists the couples names. One sister is a member, her husband is not a member but is also listed. This is fine but he had been dead for many years so it is not like we can even remove him from the membership records in MLS because he was never there in the first place.

This will become more of a problem as more and more members start using these apps and start discovering anomalies with their data.

P.S. I am a Stake clerk in Melbourne, Australia.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”