Issues with my Palm Pixi Plus

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the Gospel Library application.
dabrockster

Issues with my Palm Pixi Plus

Post by dabrockster »

I have two issues I need help with.

1st. I cannot get my Palm Pixi Plus to connect to my computer. I have it plugged in but it is not recognizing it. I have downloaded the webOS Quick Install but it is saying there is no device connected. Any help with this would be appreciated.

2nd. I need the Teaching of the President on my phone. my Gospel Library that I have from my App catalog does not have it nor can I find it anywhere to add it.

Any help in resolving these two things would be very helpful.

Thanks
Brock
danpass

Post by danpass »

dabrockster wrote:I have two issues I need help with.

1st. I cannot get my Palm Pixi Plus to connect to my computer. I have it plugged in but it is not recognizing it. I have downloaded the webOS Quick Install but it is saying there is no device connected. Any help with this would be appreciated.

When you first connect to your computer, do you get a prompt on the phone, asking if you want to the phone to connect as a USB drive or to just charge?
2nd. I need the Teaching of the President on my phone. my Gospel Library that I have from my App catalog does not have it nor can I find it anywhere to add it.
See this wiki page.
dabrockster

Post by dabrockster »

In response to the USB question. I do not get a prompt at all. Just tells me it is now Charging. That is all. I am not sure if there is something on my phone that I need to change to get this prompt. I can't find it..
danpass

Post by danpass »

dabrockster wrote:In response to the USB question. I do not get a prompt at all. Just tells me it is now Charging. That is all. I am not sure if there is something on my phone that I need to change to get this prompt. I can't find it..

This webOS forum thread contains several possible solutions.
dabrockster

Post by dabrockster »

Thank you. My issue was the cable I was using was not a true USB cable. I haveone now and it has come up. I have downloaded the desktop and am now trying to load the unofficial Gospel Library but it seems to get stuck in a "Installing" mode in the webOS desktop. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. I have removed the old one so it is no longer there..

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
kmartind

Post by kmartind »

When webOS Quick Install hangs like that it most often means you selected USB drive mode on the phone. You should only use USB mode when you actually want to copy files to/from the device. For webOS Quick Install you should just have the device plugged in, but not in USB mode. If it's already in USB mode you can "eject" the device from your computer (but leave the cable plugged in), and then try webOS Quick Install again.
dabrockster

Post by dabrockster »

Thank you. That worked. It downloaded it easily. However now when I went to any of the scriptures, manuals etc it is not there or there is some error code saying"Could not Load Topic".. Not sure if there is something else I am missing. I will review the link above but if you know the answer and it is quick.. I would appreciate it..

Thanks again

Brock
kmartind

Post by kmartind »

If you're using the unofficial Gospel Library application, you have to also download TWO of the webos_content zip files that are listed on the wiki. You always need the webos_content_orig file and then either the "partial" or "full" one as well. The partial file should be fine unless you need all the back issues of church magazines, etc. I think that is the only difference between the partial and full content zip files. Once you've downloaded the two zip files, you have to extract their contents to your device. For that you do want to use USB mode as indicated in the wiki since you'll be saving the files to the drive that represents your phone.
Note that extracting the files to the phone might take several minutes to complete since it's copying a lot of data across USB to the phone. Depending on your operating system and version and installed software, you can often extract a .zip file by right clicking it and selecting "extract all" or similar and for the location, specify the drive that represents your phone (for example something like E:\). For older versions of Windows it might be necessary to use 7Zip or WinZip or similar.

In any case, you'll want to end up with a folder on your phone called ".ldssa" and within that a folder called "content" and within that "eng" if things worked correctly. That's where the unofficial Gospel Library app will look to find the scriptures, manuals, etc, on your phone and if it doesn't find them there you'll get the error message you mention above.
dabrockster

Post by dabrockster »

kmartind wrote:If you're using the unofficial Gospel Library application, you have to also download TWO of the webos_content zip files that are listed on the wiki. You always need the webos_content_orig file and then either the "partial" or "full" one as well. The partial file should be fine unless you need all the back issues of church magazines, etc. I think that is the only difference between the partial and full content zip files. Once you've downloaded the two zip files, you have to extract their contents to your device. For that you do want to use USB mode as indicated in the wiki since you'll be saving the files to the drive that represents your phone.
Note that extracting the files to the phone might take several minutes to complete since it's copying a lot of data across USB to the phone. Depending on your operating system and version and installed software, you can often extract a .zip file by right clicking it and selecting "extract all" or similar and for the location, specify the drive that represents your phone (for example something like E:\). For older versions of Windows it might be necessary to use 7Zip or WinZip or similar.

In any case, you'll want to end up with a folder on your phone called ".ldssa" and within that a folder called "content" and within that "eng" if things worked correctly. That's where the unofficial Gospel Library app will look to find the scriptures, manuals, etc, on your phone and if it doesn't find them there you'll get the error message you mention above.

Thanks for the help. I am getting an error message when I try to download the"org." zip file. It is in the process of downloading the "Full version" zip file right now. I hope it works but it is saying Windows Explorer blocked these files from downloading. Now I am getting a error message saying "The system could not find the file specified" and then disconnected it to the PC..

Not sure what I am doing wrong here...
dabrockster

Post by dabrockster »

OK. I think I got it resolved and was able to see the issue. I got the right file (org. file in IPK format) to the C drive. I have now added it to the webOS Quick Install. It is in the process of installing. Does this take a long time?

Return to “WebOS Gospel Library”