LDS Tools crashes when updating

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kirtkennedy

LDS Tools crashes when updating

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm a ward exec sec. I've been using tools for a long time. Updating on a regular basis. However the last attempt to update crashed in the middle of the update data. I attempted to update several times and it crashed at different points each time. I can never get a complete update. I've tried reinstalling and even powering off and on my iphone 4s to no avail. What's happening and how can I fix?
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

also I noticed that the "action and interview List" and "Birthday List" are not downloading. I think that this is related to the problem of "update data" crashing part way thru the download. Any thoughts?
lgessel

Post by lgessel »

I am having the same issue on my iPad, though when I delete the app and reinstall it it will complete the download, but with blank action and interview lists. Then if I try and download again the app will crash.
beckcollin

Post by beckcollin »

I am having the same issue. I'm also a ward executive secretary.
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm beginning to think that this problem has something to do with removing permissions for exec sec's to MRN's and other membership info?...What do you think?
tcohen

Post by tcohen »

I'm having the same problem. I'm also an exec sec.
superdave98

Post by superdave98 »

And another vote for it being related to Executive Secretary callings. I'm a Stake Executive Secretary and I'm having the same issues.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I trust that at least one of you has sent a bug report to the email address. And it would probably be more effective if all four of you did. I think that the volunteers who develop LDS Tools do not regularly frequent this Forum.
rahnrandquist

bug email submitted

Post by rahnrandquist »

I am also an exec sec for our ward and I am having the same issue. I sent in an email to ldstools-iphone@ldschurch.org reporting the issue and included a link to this forum discussion as it accurately describes all of the issues I am seeing.
  • Crash on Update
  • Reports are empty
  • No longer see reports button
  • No longer have MRN info
Hopefully we will hear something soon.
-Ron
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

Thanks for referring me the right department, I sent my report as well, hopefully the bug will get fixed quickly. I use this app all the time.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”