Units with combined organizations

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rhoades20

Post by rhoades20 »

Our ward and a foreign language branch combine primary and youth organizations. Leaders of each organization come from different units. I found a related question at:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... ed+primary

In addition to keeping track of callings, it is also more difficult to keep track of youth. For example, a primary president wanting attendance rolls needs to ask clerks from two units. Likewise, a Young Women president can't look up half of the young women she serves on lds.org's directory because she can't see youth not in her unit. When one unit is a branch with less leadership, it may place undo burden to periodically request updated lists from them.
It would be nice if leaders could access the information they need from both units. Is a solution for this already in plan? Is there a workaround, such as something the stake clerk could do?
I think there are higher priorities (e.g. home teaching and visiting teaching online), but please put this on the road map if it isn't already.
Thanks.
youngcreative

Post by youngcreative »

I am also facing this same problem with tracking youth and primary in a combined Ward/Spanish Branch situation:

Our ward meets in combination with a Spanish branch. The ward and branch have separate Sacrament and adult meetings, but the youth and primary combine for all other meetings. Is there a way for the Ward Clerk (myself) to see the branch membership records, even as a read-only, so as to be able to generate class rolls for Primary , Youth Sunday School, Young Women and Aaronic Priesthood quorums?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Units with combined organizations

Post by russellhltn »

youngcreative wrote:Is there a way for the Ward Clerk (myself) to see the branch membership records, even as a read-only, so as to be able to generate class rolls for Primary , Youth Sunday School, Young Women and Aaronic Priesthood quorums?
Not in MLS. Or I should say not in your MLS. Since it's in the same building I wonder if they can set you up with access to go to their computer to run the reports off their MLS?

Another alternative is to talk with the stake on getting a out-of-unit position with the branch and then use LCR.

But perhaps the simplest way is to ask them to provide you with those reports on a monthly basis.

But bottom line, there's no way I know of to create a combined class to list both units in one report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Units with combined organizations

Post by sbradshaw »

I think having out-of-unit records added for the auxiliary leaders would be the best long-term strategy. See this topic:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=20430
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”