Calendar no longer syncing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Post Reply
alanbrad
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 am

Calendar no longer syncing

#1

Post by alanbrad »

Now that 2.2 is up and running the calendar is no longer syncing with Outlook. I have created a new URL link and tried to add it into Microsoft Outlook, but Outlook reports that the file is not a valid internet calendar.
murrayhr
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:23 am

#2

Post by murrayhr »

Same here...have generated new URLs at least 3 times and Outlook 2010 says they are invalid.
alanbrad
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 am

#3

Post by alanbrad »

This problem happened back in April I believe as well. I assume it is happening again because of the change to 2.2 and will need to be fixed by one of the developers.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#4

Post by aebrown »

alanbrad wrote:Now that 2.2 is up and running the calendar is no longer syncing with Outlook. I have created a new URL link and tried to add it into Microsoft Outlook, but Outlook reports that the file is not a valid internet calendar.
It's not just Outlook. Google Calendar can't sync, either, and when I looked at the data stream, the reason is obvious -- it's generating a 0-length file. Every application that tries to sync with an empty stream is going to have problems.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31977
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

#5

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:
alanbrad wrote:Now that 2.2 is up and running the calendar is no longer syncing with Outlook. [..]
It's not just Outlook. Google Calendar can't sync, either, and when I looked at the data stream, the reason is obvious -- it's generating a 0-length file. Every application that tries to sync with an empty stream is going to have problems.

I have a valid calendar file dated 8/9 - about 4 days after 2.2 was implemented. I suspect a failed service/server.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm
Location: US

#6

Post by kyleq »

Sorry for not notifying everyone sooner but we had to disable the sync functionality for a short time while we work on some stability issues. I'll post a note when the service is re-enabled.
User avatar
jrjLDS
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 am
Location: San Jose, CA, USA

#7

Post by jrjLDS »

kyleq wrote:Sorry for not notifying everyone sooner but we had to disable the sync functionality for a short time while we work on some stability issues. I'll post a note when the service is re-enabled.

Any way you can put on a note on the Calendar app and let folks know that sync isn't working? Or just remove the "sync" menu item until that feature is back on? It sure would save people some head-ache. Thanks!
rmblood
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Calendar no longer syncing

#8

Post by rmblood »

jrjlds wrote:Any way you can put on a note on the Calendar app and let folks know that sync isn't working? Or just remove the "sync" menu item until that feature is back on? It sure would save people some head-ache. Thanks!
Agreed. I spent a couple of hours today trying to figure out why my calendars won't sync before finding this thread in Google.
tonybrigmon
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 am

Update on Google Sync

#9

Post by tonybrigmon »

Church calendar still not syncing with Google Calendar. Any update on the fix? Thanks.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#10

Post by aebrown »

tonybrigmon wrote:Church calendar still not syncing with Google Calendar. Any update on the fix? Thanks.
It's working fine for me (I just did it again 2 minutes ago). What steps are you following? Are you saying that it won't sync for the first time, or that it's not updating as quickly as you expect?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Post Reply

Return to “Calendar”