comfortable maternity garments

What is Tech doing right? What are we doing wrong? What products do you love? What products do we need to improve? Let us know how we are doing.
ejm32

comfortable maternity garments

Post by ejm32 »

I'm not sure where to direct this, but I thought it would be helpful to look into making more comfortable garments for pregnant women. At six months along, I struggled to find a size that would provide full coverage of the belly and when I did, the rest of the garment was too big. In every case, the elastic is too thin and too tight. In general, I find thin elastic much less comfortable than thick (the thicker, the better) because the pressure is distributed over a smaller space.

Other sisters I talk to have told me they avoid maternity garments when they are pregnant and just try to make it work by pushing down bottom garments, but that nothing is comfortable.

Is there any way to introduce a different type of elastic that is wider? Adjustability and/or looser elastic would also be helpful. I think most women find the type of elastic in yoga pants to be the most comfortable - large section of stretchy fabric that can be stretched high or folded low.

This wider looser elastic could also be very helpful to provide a smooth end to the leg cut-off at the garment.

Any thoughts or ideas in this direction would be helpful.

Thank you!
Elizabeth
mikepoli

Post by mikepoli »

My wife says these are great ideas! I'll be interested to see if you get any other responses on a discussion board filled with LDS techie-types (who are likely mostly male). :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you take your conserns to store.lds.org. In particular, the "contact us" part.

This Feedback section is limited to LDSTech only and not for general church feedback.

Thank you for your understanding.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Feedback on Tech”