Double entries in directory

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffbradford
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 pm

#11

Post by jeffbradford »

eblood66 wrote:Are you sure about that? I thought that Bishop was the only Tier 1 calling at the ward level (the wiki supports that too). Assuming the wiki is correct, they should make sure the Ward Clerk is entered as a standard calling in the ward MLS. In fact, if the ward clerk doesn't have access it may be worth removing his existing calling and adding him back (and make sure that it uses the correct standard calling) to ensure that it gets sent back up to CDOL.

Thanks, eblood66. I tried doing that just now to see if it helps with his situation.

Can a Tier 1 calling edit CDOL entries. Will that help me?
eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 3717
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

#12

Post by eblood66 »

jeffbradford wrote:As suspected, however, I now have view/search permissions, but I cannot edit CDOL entries.

No one at the ward or stake level has direct edit access in CDOL. Currently the only way we have to edit CDOL is through MLS. But to remove entries in CDOL they have to first show up in MLS. There is another thread about someone who had problems getting callings from CDOL to MLS. The developers were looking into it but I don't remember what the resolution was (or if there has been a resolution yet). But if a unit refresh doesn't download everything in CDOL then you may be having the same problem.
jeffbradford
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 pm

#13

Post by jeffbradford »

eblood66 wrote:No one at the ward or stake level has direct edit access in CDOL. Currently the only way we have to edit CDOL is through MLS. But to remove entries in CDOL they have to first show up in MLS. There is another thread about someone who had problems getting callings from CDOL to MLS. The developers were looking into it but I don't remember what the resolution was (or if there has been a resolution yet). But if a unit refresh doesn't download everything in CDOL then you may be having the same problem.

Sounds like. the lds.org directory is currently syncing with CDOL (as it should), but CDOL is not syncing with MLS. I emailed oiservices@ldschurch.org, based on the recommendation in the CDOL user manual. Any other suggestions?
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#14

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:Are you sure about that? I thought that Bishop was the only Tier 1 calling at the ward level (the wiki supports that too). Assuming the wiki is correct, they should make sure the Ward Clerk is entered as a standard calling in the ward MLS. In fact, if the ward clerk doesn't have access it may be worth removing his existing calling and adding him back (and make sure that it uses the correct standard calling) to ensure that it gets sent back up to CDOL.
Sorry about the confusion. I confused the stake clerk (which is indeed a Tier 1 calling) with the ward clerk without checking it out first. I've edited my post so others won't be confused.

And you're certainly right that the Ward Clerk needs to be entered in ward MLS with the standard calling of Ward Clerk.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 3717
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

#15

Post by eblood66 »

jeffbradford wrote:Sounds like. the lds.org directory is currently syncing with CDOL (as it should), but CDOL is not syncing with MLS. I emailed oiservices@ldschurch.org, based on the recommendation in the CDOL user manual. Any other suggestions?

Here's the thread for the other unit with a similar problem: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... LS-LDS.org

It looks like that problem has not been resolved yet. But you may want to PM JonesRK (he's the CDOL developer) and see if there has been any further progress.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 32077
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

#16

Post by russellhltn »

jeffbradford wrote:If I can't make corrections in CDOL and you wouldn't add the missing callings back into MLS, where should I be trying to fix this, please?

Let's wait a bit for our friendly neighborhood CDOL developer to speak up. There is indeed a problem with stake-level callings syncing. But I'd go ahead and try to fix some of the lessor callings by entering them in MLS and doing a send/receive.

While you can't edit things directly in CDOL, the CDOL is your "gold standard" for what is right (according to CHQ) and what isn't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 32077
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

#17

Post by russellhltn »

Well, it looks like the new recommendation is not to do the Correcting duplicate or missing callings procedure until MLS is updated to 3.5. See this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Post Reply

Return to “Directory”