Phone number fields in the MLS system that feed into FamilySearch

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd like the ability to enter it as 801.555.1212 and become the correct format. That way you can 10-key the phone numbers.
I can see how that would be helpful, however I prefer a mask that auto-advances to the next field allowing you to just type in the 10 needed digits and be done with it.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:I can see how that would be helpful, however I prefer a mask that auto-advances to the next field allowing you to just type in the 10 needed digits and be done with it.
That works too, but I do have some reservations about masks in that it can prevent you from entering things like "unlisted" instead of the number.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

RussellHltn wrote:That works too, but I do have some reservations about masks in that it can prevent you from entering things like "unlisted" instead of the number.
Conceptually that should be easy to fix: If you start the "number" with anything but a numeral, it converts itself to a freeform field.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”