Transfering MLS to Dell 740-Financial statements

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
w4yjc-p40

Transfering MLS to Dell 740-Financial statements

Post by w4yjc-p40 »

We are migrating to new Dell 740 computers in our stake. The process has gone smoothly until we discovered that all the financial statements were missing from MLS. Talked briefly to Tech Support on Friday and they told me they should have been included in the transfer backup. Alas, they are not. Today, I tried a MLS transmission and the April financial statement showed up as advertised, but that is the only one we have.

There doesn't seem to be any other difficulties with the operation of MLS from the swap.

Anyone else have this problem or any information on the subject? We have more unit computers to swap over, and I don't want to do them until I understand this problem. It may be a bug in the program.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ted
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How are you backing up? I'd be tempted to use a flash drive and backup the entire MLS data directory rather then use MLS's backup. If you can't do the whole data directory due to size, then grab just the current dataset.

That will work if the statements are in MLS data. If they are stored somewhere else, then they need to be located.
w4yjc-p40

Post by w4yjc-p40 »

I agree, I have tried numerous ways to move data tonight to no avail.

I temporarily loaded another version of MLS on another computer to have a platform to work on. I have not found where the statements are located, so far. I think that is the key right now.

I was curious to see if anyone else had encountered this or if I'm blazing new territory...
Ted
w4yjc-p40

Post by w4yjc-p40 »

I did just find the statements. They are in MLS\data\(unit number)\db They are not included in the backup file. Guess I'll have to talk to MLS Tech support on Monday.
Ted
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This is correct. The financial statements are stored in the data vault of MLS. The entire MLS database is not backed up. This is due to how large the database becomes and we cannot send it over telephone lines. We can only backup certain things. For now, the best thing to do is backup the entire MLS directory and copy it on to a new machine if you are swapping machines as the statements will not be there. Sorry.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Hummm... Well, now I don't feel like I'm wasting my time backing up the whole MLS folder for offsite storage. :cool:
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”