Windows phone app directory photos?

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
rickscr

Windows phone app directory photos?

Post by rickscr »

I like the Windows Phone LDS tools app, but it would be great if it could display the family and individual photos available on the website directory. I'm told the Android app can do this, why not for windows phone?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The applications in each of the mobile operating systems are in different stages of development. iOS systems are more advanced because the community volunteer developers were the first organized. Quite a few months later Android system developers got organized. Windows mobile systems are much further behind. The goal expressed by ICS is to get applications for the different systems to the same point and on the same schedule. Until then there will be development disparities for the different operating systems.

I am sure the Windows systems will catch up eventually. Sorry we do not have a schedule to ease the feeling of being left out.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jkentner

Re: Windows phone app directory photos?

Post by jkentner »

Is this because of a lack of volunteers, or lack of developer staff on the Windows Phone platform?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Windows phone app directory photos?

Post by jdlessley »

I can't answer that. The information in my previous post was from church employee posts. Reasons for delays at this point may involve more than the lack of team members. We have heard of continuing discussions about the direction development efforts may be managed in-house. But the details about what is taking place have been quite thin.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”