Problems installing Vidyo Desktop & PVC. No licenses available.

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

gyoungberg

Problems installing Vidyo Desktop & PVC. No licenses available.

Post by gyoungberg »

Last night we were going to use PVC to allow the youth in our remote buildings to join the main body of the stake for a Stake dance practice for the Boise Temple Youth Celebration.

I sent the PVC room link via e-mail to the two people who were going to man the computers in the remote buildings and had instructed them to login as guests. They were able to install the Vidyo Desktop software, but couldn't get past an error message, something to the effect of, "Unable to log in, not enough licenses available." (I didn't capture the message exactly).

I called the GSD, and despite his best efforts to help (change browsers, update Java, even somehow adding PVC rights to the individual in MLS) we were unable to get past the error. I couldn't switch to Skype because I couldn't get video through from the Osprey 260e card that I installed for PVC, and I didn't bring the camera that supported firewire. So... complete flop. Any ideas what happened last night and how I might avoid it in the future? Thanks!
tbyington1

Resolved

Post by tbyington1 »

gyoungberg wrote:Last night we were going to use PVC to allow the youth in our remote buildings to join the main body of the stake for a Stake dance practice for the Boise Temple Youth Celebration.

I sent the PVC room link via e-mail to the two people who were going to man the computers in the remote buildings and had instructed them to login as guests. They were able to install the Vidyo Desktop software, but couldn't get past an error message, something to the effect of, "Unable to Sign in, not enough licenses available." (I didn't capture the message exactly).

I called the GSD, and despite his best efforts to help (change browsers, update Java, even somehow adding PVC rights to the individual in MLS) we were unable to get past the error. I couldn't switch to Skype because I couldn't get video through from the Osprey 260e card that I installed for PVC, and I didn't bring the camera that supported firewire. So... complete flop. Any ideas what happened last night and how I might avoid it in the future? Thanks!

The issue was resolved Wednesday night. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Taylor

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”