Suggestion for Tech Conference 2013 (topic: Forum)

What is Tech doing right? What are we doing wrong? What products do you love? What products do we need to improve? Let us know how we are doing.
1968leocomeeatabite

Suggestion for Tech Conference 2013 (topic: Forum)

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

The Forum has become a place the I have enjoyed to come to find some clues and hints in my calling and how to use the technology which the church is promoting. I have noticed that the more time that I spend on the forum the more I enjoy it, mostly because I learn how it works and how to make progress in my own learning, and use the forum as a tool.

Therefore I would like to suggest that a class at the 2013 Tech Conference, teach us the features of how to use the Forum. How do we remember where we were, when we found that important post, and I wonder if somebody took the time to teach me about my question, but where was I when I asked that question? Have I made a good post? Have I done it in a good responsible manner? Did I do my homework? How can I get this big overwhelming Question cut down to size so that it fits into searchable and reasonable question or post? If I do not know the subject that I want to know more about will they tell me where I should put the post? I wonder if I am making someone spend to much time on my silly post where they could be spending their time on the project they need to get done.

So that is my suggestion for the 2013 Tech Conference. Thank you for your time.:o
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

That's a great suggestion. Planning for LDSTech 2013 conference hasn't started yet, but when it does, I'll try to make sure we remember this session. Last year we did have a session that touched on forums as well as other elements of LDSTech, such as the wiki, Swarm, the blog, the projects section, and more.

Return to “Feedback on Tech”