For example, I wish the following church entities could maintain data of "out of unit" callings and releases that would flow back to the ward & stake's MLS and LDS.org callings listing.
- Official temple workers calls and releases. Our stake wants to track these, but it is difficult to keep up with them, especially on the releases. When our stake has nearly 90 workers, this is tough.
- Missionary department calls and releases (full time missionaries, Mission Presidents) I know the directory now lists them, but they still don't show as called until a ward clerk gets around to doing it...which might be never.
- Church Service Missionary department calls and releases. Another tough one to keep up on stake-wide.
- Official Volunteering positions in Church administration and organization offices.
These organizations already maintain their data somehow, but we don't see it. Calls come by long paper trail. It trickles down through all the hands...Mailman, stake pres, HC, Bishop, Ward clerk, membership clerk...and sometimes gets entered by the ward. Releases seem to get lost, leaving old callings cluttering MLS.
Since all of these entities are "official," I assume they have or could be granted access to membership records or CDOL. This would help local leaders make additional calls and help clerks keep accurate and far less tedious records and reports.
Try the following right now in any ward / stake:
- Print listing of all the Temple workers stake-wide and wards they live in to check the ward "balance" of calls when temple asks for more...
- Print where all the church service missionaries are serving, and when they will be released as new service opportunities come up....
- Print mailing labels of all full-time missionaries / Mission presidents and Church service missionaries for stake Christmas cards. Or collect all their emails for a monthly email from the stake....