MLS 3.5 - Primary teacher callings disappearing and duplicating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:As far as I know, MLS syncs the callings with CDOL. Everything else, including the directory reads the CDOL data.
And calling data syncs from CDOL to MLS as well. Certainly some callings are processed by CHQ and are put in CDOL and then come back to MLS only when they are entered and/or approved in CDOL. Also, ward callings to to CDOL and then sync to stake MLS, and stake callings in CDOL also sync back to ward MLS for members of the ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
CurtisGreenland

Potential fix to this issue

Post by CurtisGreenland »

The same thing happened to me in regards to Primary callings dissappearing, but I also had a bunch of duplicates in many other places in CDOL, that were not duplicated in MLS. I decided to do a Unit Data Refresh in MLS based on information I found at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings about 3/4 of the way down the page. I did this mainly to fix the duplicates in CDOL. However, to my suprise, this fixed the problem with the Primary callings missing from the Callings by Oranization list as well. Here are the instructions from the tech.lds.org page.

[INDENT]Correcting duplicate or missing callings

Sometimes clerks may notice duplicate or missing callings in CDOL. Beginning with the release of MLS 3.3, clerks can now fix this themselves. The steps are:
  1. Don't do this with MLS 3.4.3. Please wait until you have upgraded to MLS 3.5 (which will do a refresh request for you)
  2. Start MLS
  3. Print a report of the current callings (Organizations > Members with Callings)
  4. From MLS request a Unit data refresh (File > Request Unit Refresh Data...); this will include a callings refresh request.
    • Do a Send/Receive to submit the request for a refresh
  5. After waiting for CDOL to process the request (usually within 15 minutes), do another Send/Receive to get the refresh.
    • This will remove all of your callings and replace them with the data from CDOL.
  6. Clean up any duplicates and incorrect callings.
    • MLS will allow you to see duplicates even in the leadership section.
  7. Do a Send/Receive to submit the corrected information to CDOL.
[/INDENT]Hope this helps!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

curtisgreenland wrote:The same thing happened to me in regards to Primary callings dissappearing, but I also had a bunch of duplicates in many other places in CDOL, that were not duplicated in MLS. I decided to do a Unit Data Refresh in MLS based on information I found at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings about 3/4 of the way down the page. I did this mainly to fix the duplicates in CDOL. However, to my suprise, this fixed the problem with the Primary callings missing from the Callings by Oranization list as well.
I found we also had the same problem mentioned in this thread. I requested a membership refresh as suggested here and it did fix the report and the Other Callings.

I then added some additional classes to other callings and those ones disappeared as well. Doing another membership refresh fixed them too.

So it looks like there is a bug in 3.5 when classes are added to callings but a membership refresh will fix the problem (until additional changes are made).
jstamps

Post by jstamps »

We've had some callings show up after the Unit Data Refresh, but other ones that still would not. I just spoke to LUS about it, and was told that it's a known issue that will need to wait for an MLS update. I was also specifically told to NOT try recreating those callings, as they will just be duplicated in other places.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”