Lesson 2.0.852 is now available for beta testing.

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Lesson 2.0.852 is now available for beta testing.

Post by lisaan »

Please go to http://www.lds.org/rclesson and login with your LDSAccount. We're interested in your feedback especially about the new Youth Curriculum. Please try creating new classes for 2013 for Young Men, Young Women and for Sunday School youth classes. Also try adding events and seeing how the lessons are affected.

Please remember that this is a test database. It is a copy of the real data so you are free to play around and make a mess without affecting the live data.

Post any comments or questions you have here in the Beta Lesson forum. We'll be monitoring to see your comments and answer any questions.

If you'd like to do a more guided type of testing, use SWARM. It's on https://tech.lds.org/swarm/projects/LUAL and provides you with tasks you can do.

Thanks,
LisaAn
QA Engineer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Other then the addition for 2013, is there anything else we should look at? The reason I ask is to avoid repeating all the outstanding issues of the prior versions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I'm not seeing the test page, I'm seeing my own ward's schedules, my subscriptions, and the admin rights for my high priests group since I'm the secretary.

This will be useful even for me to run the tests due to that.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

For this release we did some tidying up and bug fixes. In addition to the new Youth Curriculum we added support for 10 languages including Korean, Japanese and Chinese and added a confirmation dialog when you delete a class.
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

JamesAnderson wrote:I'm not seeing the test page, I'm seeing my own ward's schedules, my subscriptions, and the admin rights for my high priests group since I'm the secretary.

This will be useful even for me to run the tests due to that.

I'm not sure which test page you are referring to. The beta lesson web site will look identical to the production site. The only difference is the URL. You will see the same things and have the same rights as you do on the live web site.
QA Engineer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LisaAn wrote:For this release we did some tidying up and bug fixes. In addition to the new Youth Curriculum we added support for 10 languages including Korean, Japanese and Chinese and added a confirmation dialog when you delete a class.

But other then that, no new features or change in functionality, correct?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

RussellHltn wrote:But other then that, no new features or change in functionality, correct?

Correct. Getting the new Youth Curriculum in and working turned out to be a lot more involved than we anticipated.
QA Engineer
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

When I attempt to access the link, I receive a message indicating that the browser is unable to open the site and "Operation aborted." FWIW, I am a ward clerk and am using IE8.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We've pushed a new build 2.0.861 out today and found some good bugs. Later today a new build with more bug fixes will be deployed. 2.0.866 should fix some minor problems with the new Youth Curriculum. Thanks for your input, it's invaluable!
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

There's another new Lesson build with a few more interface tweaks in it - 2.0.879. Enjoy, it's on http://www.lds.org/rclesson
QA Engineer

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”