URL for TFOT doesn't work

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
mevans

URL for TFOT doesn't work

Post by mevans »

I tried creating a TFOT lesson. I entered the URL of a General Conference talk. However, I can't click on the lesson and have it open the URL. The only place I can see the URL is if I go to the Edit Lesson screen. (I also tried URL on a Leadership lesson type...same problem, as I expected.)

And once I saw my URL disappear entirely (I haven't reproduced that problem yet).
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We thought we had this fixed but it looks like it needs more work. Any additional information you can give us would be helpful. Exact steps to duplicate (for example, which type of Lesson you choose or edited), the URL (maybe it's too long?) or a Firebug error message would be great. Thanks. (Reference 389).
QA Engineer
mevans

Post by mevans »

I tried setting URLs for TOFT in High Priests and Leadership in Relief Society. I've gotta run right now, so I can't dig into it more at the moment. I'll try to look at it later, maybe tomorrow.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I submitted a LUA Lessons Swarm test fail on this with the steps detail for the test I ran with the same issue. Essentially the lesson title ends up as plain text and not a hyperlink.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LisaAn wrote:... the URL (maybe it's too long?)
The URL I used was not too long. At least the entire URL was there when I went back in to the edit screen to see what was there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Got the name of the lesson and a title that was supplied by the stake presidency where I'm at in, but there was no box for the online URL.

My stake chose 'The First Great Commandment' by Elder Holland for December, and gave it the topic title 'Conversion and Retention'. No URL box was available, and other than the title the only other box was for the instructor's name.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

jdlessley wrote:The URL I used was not too long. At least the entire URL was there when I went back in to the edit screen to see what was there.
I'm just guessing wildly at what the problem is. ;-) The developer's looking at it now.
QA Engineer
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Just tried it now and it seems to link correctly to the right url when I click my test lesson title TFOT, and takes me to the link. did a bug fix work it out?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Adding a URL to a lesson title is now working as a hyperlink, as it should, for me.
JD Lessley
mevans

Post by mevans »

A URL I previously entered now works properly.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”