Primary Sharing Time 2013 I Am a Child of God

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
jhowell2000

Primary Sharing Time 2013 I Am a Child of God

Post by jhowell2000 »

Will the Sharing Time guide I Am a Child of God be added to the manual list for 2013? The 2012 Sharing Time was included as a possible manual choice in 2012, but the 2013 Sharing Time guide is not there.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Thanks for checking on this. I've meant to see what happened with Sharing Time in the 2013 lessons and haven't done so. Several months ago, I had asked if they could prepare the Sharing Time curriculum so you could select the week, rather than just the month. I submitted the feedback through the church feedback site (which is sometimes like a black hole). I'm hopeful that maybe they'll get the curriculum set up to use better with Lesson Schedules in 2013.

Do you know if they've published the 2013 Sharing Time manual online yet? I was just searching for it, but couldn't find it. If just find it referenced in the Instructions for Curriculum for 2013. Sometimes it's near impossible to find this stuff on the church site before the year when it's used (or even in January of the new year), even if they've already published it. If it's not published yet, Lesson Schedules can't use it.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

On the primary page there is a link to the 2013 guide. You can download the pdf http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/co ... f?lang=eng
mevans

Post by mevans »

Thanks. Silly me. I clicked on "Sharing Time" on the sidebar and could only find the 2012 Sharing Time when going to the sharing time subsection. It was on the home page for Primary quite obviously...as well as on a sidebar on the page I was on. Unfortunately, the church doesn't always do good cross-linking between pages and there are things I've found once and then it's near impossible to find it again. There is a lot of content to keep track of, so I'm sure it's not easy.

The manual that is published is a PDF. That's incompatible with Lesson Schedules.

The church needs to publish a manual like this one to work with Lesson Schedules:
https://www.lds.org/manual/2012-outline ... e?lang=eng

If you use the Lesson Schedules in 2012, you get access to the manual like the link above. However, in looking, I don't find a link to the sharing time manual in that format anywhere on the web site; everything seems to link to the 2012 PDF. I can only hope they're working on it so it works with Lesson Schedules. Funny, over the weekend I finally got a reply from the church feedback site indicating that they had forwarded my request to make the Sharing Time 2013 manual better compatible with Lesson Schedules.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”