Updating my ward/stake on LDS.org and lds Tools android app

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dawna41

Re: Updating my ward/stake on LDS.org and lds Tools android app

Post by dawna41 »

[Name of ward or branch removed]

Moderator note: Nothing happens when you post the name of a ward at the Forum. You may find information in an earlier post that will help you with the problem you are trying to solve.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

And if you are in a new area and don't know who to speak with:
Another alternative is to contact your previous Ward Clerk (or Bishop, who will pass this along to the Clerk) where you used to live, and ask him to move your records to the new address.
Cathielynngisi

Post by Cathielynngisi »

How do you update LDS Tools? I moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Wylie, Texas and it has no place to change!
Cathie Lynn Gisi
Wylie 4th Ward
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Cathielynngisi wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:46 pm How do you update LDS Tools? I moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Wylie, Texas and it has no place to change!
Member Tools should update automatically as soon as it sees that your membership record is now in Texas, not Nevada. Of course, if your ward clerk in Las Vegas has not sent the record, or if your clerk in Wylie has not requested it, Member Tools will not know that you have moved.

Either clerk is able to send or request the record, as needed, almost instantly.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:55 pm
Cathielynngisi wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:46 pm How do you update LDS Tools? I moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Wylie, Texas and it has no place to change!
Member Tools should update automatically as soon as it sees that your membership record is now in Texas, not Nevada. Of course, if your ward clerk in Las Vegas has not sent the record, or if your clerk in Wylie has not requested it, Member Tools will not know that you have moved.

Either clerk is able to send or request the record, as needed, almost instantly.
While the membership can be moved almost instantly by either clerk, member tools will take a few days to update afterwards, and you may need to sync then to see the change.
Sistermorehead

Post by Sistermorehead »

My records were sent from Valley View Ward to Vintage Hills Ward. But I cannot access membership tools to see Ward directory
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Sistermorehead wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 am My records were sent from . . . to . . . . But I cannot access membership tools to see Ward directory
As the post before yours so eloquently says,
While the membership can be moved almost instantly by either clerk, member tools will take a few days to update afterwards, and you may need to sync then to see the change.
I would give it another day or two and try again. If it does not work at that point, be sure to get with your new clerk to find out when the records were actually requested or sent to your new ward and if they have actually arrived there. The the clock starts after your records arrive in your new ward.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Sistermorehead wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 am My records were sent from Valley View Ward to Vintage Hills Ward. But I cannot access membership tools to see Ward directory
You'll also need to use the Church Account that has your membership record number (MRN) on it. This account won't let you see your ward information because it doesn't have your MRN attached.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”