Updating my ward/stake on LDS.org and lds Tools android app

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
karlacarcamo12

Updating my ward/stake on LDS.org and lds Tools android app

Post by karlacarcamo12 »

I can't get my ward or stake changed for my profile on lds.org and not finding how to change it on the lds tools app on my android phone. Recently moved and it's not giving me any options to change this info. I'm no longer in the same ward or stake. A little help please???? :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

karlacarcamo12 wrote:I can't get my ward or stake changed for my profile on lds.org

This information should change when your membership record is moved from your former ward to your new ward. Your first step would be to ask your new ward clerk if your membership records have arrived.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Updating my ward/stake on LDS.org and lds Tools android app

Post by russellhltn »

sandysmith wrote:Can I force an update?
You can do a sync at any time. You don't have to wait until you are forced.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Member tools was designed to "not" sync automatically as I understand (likely so you can to choose to do the sync when you are not consuming your data or when the church servers are busiest on Sundays). I get regular questions from members of our ward why information and callings are not correct and my first question to them is "have you sync'ed your Member Tools App?" In almost every case that solves it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

To force a sync of Member Tools on Android, open the navigation drawer (hamburger menu in the top left), then tap Sync. On iOS, it's under the More tab (bottom right).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
allynl

Post by allynl »

[Ward and stake information removed. This is a public forum.]

[Moderator edit: Removed ward and stake information.]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Updating my ward/stake on ChurchofJesusChrist.org and Member Tools android app

Post by lajackson »

You cannot update your ward and stake at the Church website or through Member Tools. These services get your ward and stake information from your membership record. If you are now living in a different ward or stake, your ward clerk will need to update the address on your membership record and move it to your new ward. After that happens, the Church website will update overnight and Member Tools will update after that the next time you sync.
8812chris

Post by 8812chris »

karlacarcamo12 wrote:I can't get my ward or stake changed for my profile on lds.org and not finding how to change it on the lds tools app on my android phone. Recently moved and it's not giving me any options to change this info. I'm no longer in the same ward or stake. A little help please???? :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

8812chris wrote:
karlacarcamo12 wrote:I can't get my ward or stake changed for my profile on lds.org and not finding how to change it on the lds tools app on my android phone. Recently moved and it's not giving me any options to change this info. I'm no longer in the same ward or stake. A little help please???? :)
You can't change it yourself. You have to ask your ward clerk to request your records. Once the records are in the ward, the next time you look, you'll have the new ward information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:Once the records are in the ward, the next time you look, you'll have the new ward information.
And if you are in a new area and don't know who to speak with:
1. On churchofjesuschrist.org, click on the "My Account and Ward" link at the top right
2. Click on "Meetinghouse Locator"
3. Enter your new address
You will then see contact information for the bishop who can get the ball rolling to request your membership record

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”