windows 8 lds tools

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
holmesb

windows 8 lds tools

Post by holmesb »

my lds tools will not download on my windows phone. I believe the calendar is the issue. Is there a fix out there?
jkentner

Re: windows 8 lds tools

Post by jkentner »

Just curious because I am looking to upgrade from WP7.5 to WP8. Does the app itself not download, or does the content inside of the LDS Tools app not download?
SherlockAdam

Post by SherlockAdam »

holmesb wrote:my lds tools will not download on my windows phone. I believe the calendar is the issue. Is there a fix out there?
Perhaps it has been updated - have you tried again? I have been able to install & use LDS tools on my Windows Phone 8.

@jkentner
I have a Windows 8 phone, and I have successfully installed LDS Tools. It has also accepted my login.

The app has the following options;
Directory - options for households / Individuals / Leadership
Calendar
Settings
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

I have had a WP8 device for sometime now, with no issues with LDS Tools (other than I wish it had the same features as the IOS version). My wife has the same WP8 device, but it will not accept her password. I changed her password to something simple and then it does work, but she doesn't like that password!
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

My son has a WP 7.8 phone, it would not his password even after changing to multiple things. I then logged into LDS.org, went to the Calendar, limited the subscribed calendars to young men/scouting, then had him login to LDS Tools and it worked.
SherlockAdam

Post by SherlockAdam »

That is indeed strange -

I am using a Nokia 920, though I would not have expected that to have made a difference!
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

I didn't think changing the subscribed calendars would make a difference either, but it did. Hope this holds out true for others.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”