Group emails

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
kdb22770

Group emails

Post by kdb22770 »

I am the Ward Web Site Administrator, but when I go to "Directory", "Ward Organizations", ""Adults", and try "Email all Adults"... my email browers opens, but no email addresses are there as they should be.

This feature works great for all the groups except "Adults" and "Relief Society". I've talked to other's in the ward, and they are able to use this feature for all groups.

Who do I need to contact to get this fixed?

Kim Bennett
mattkimbennett@aol.com
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Group emails

Post by aebrown »

I'm pretty sure that the reason you're having problems with "All Adults" and "Relief Society" is that those are the two biggest groups. That means that the list of email addresses being sent to your email program could be pretty large. Some email programs have difficulty with large lists of addresses being passed to them.

I don't know if it's convenient for you, but you might try a different email program.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: Group emails

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

aebrown wrote:That means that the list of email addresses being sent to your email program could be pretty large. Some email programs have difficulty with large lists of addresses being passed to them.
I have tried this a couple of time and gotten this message "Google 414. That’s an error.
The requested URL /... is too large to process. That’s all we know."

I was greatly surprised I thought g-mail if anybody would be able to handle it. I am preparing for a training in a couple weeks to encourage our Presidencies in our ward to use this and other features on lds.org. Should I try a bunch of different e-mail vendors to see which one would handle it? I wonder if there is a way to highlight and do partials of the list? Or Maybe another work around? Can anyone offer their experience or alternative approach?
Last edited by aebrown on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fix quote tags

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”