LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the LDS Tools application.
scrid2000

LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10

Post by scrid2000 »

Has there been any work for converting LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10?
Or is there an API or anything? I'd be willing to work on one (but I'm NOT doing a church service mission, just offering to volunteer some in my spare time).
scrid2000

Re: LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10

Post by scrid2000 »

Update: I have converted the existing Android applications to run on BlackBerry 10/PlayBook. However, a native version would be preferable.
If no API is available and no one is capable/interested in creating a native BB10 version, at the very least these could be distributed:
Book of Mormon: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/BlackB ... 121126.bar
Gospel Library: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/BlackB ... 120803.bar
LDS Tools: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/BlackB ... 120918.bar
Mormon Channel: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/BlackB ... 120612.bar
jtwitchell

Post by jtwitchell »

That is really cool. Glad to see someone out there putting in some time to get something out for Blackberry.
scrid2000

Post by scrid2000 »

jtwitchell wrote:That is really cool. Glad to see someone out there putting in some time to get something out for Blackberry.
Thanks, I do what I can.
The LDS Tools app doesn't seem to be working (old versions do, not sure what changed), but the Gospel Library one does.
I started on a very basic Gospel Library app, but before I got very far I emailed the church's intellectual property department and they denied me permission to publish it (apparently they've never granted anyone permission to make a Gospel Library app, and any app out there other than the official one is technically illegal).
joefisheries

Post by joefisheries »

Hi there,
I am having similar issues with my Blackberry 9900. LDS Tools stopped working and when I deleted it and reinstalled it was a new icon which also does not work and will not sync to polulate the directory or anything. I have been in touch with you guys and have received the link you posted for Blackberry 10 which does not work. Is anyone else having similar issues? I am so used to be able to pull info for the ward and stake off my phone that I am feeling a little lost.
Also having issues now that google won't let me sync my lds calendar to my phone.
Any help is welcome :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

joefisheries wrote:I am having similar issues with my Blackberry 9900.
As I understand it, the Blackberry 9900 device runs on the Blackberry 7 OS, so it doesn't seem appropriate to post your issue to a topic that is specifically devoted to Blackberry 10.
joefisheries wrote:Also having issues now that google won't let me sync my lds calendar to my phone.
Please raise only one issue per post. That should be posted to the Calendar forum section, perhaps in an existing topic such as sync with Google calendar.
kevinebrady

Re: LDS Tools for BlackBerry Curve 9360

Post by kevinebrady »

I am having a problem downloading LDS Tools to my blackberry Curve 9360, about 2/3rds of the way through the start up it fails and says error? Gospel library downloads but won't run?
autryld

Post by autryld »

Thank you for your efforts. The Mormon Channel works fine but when LDS Tools opens it quickly presents a "Force Close" button.

--
Larry Autry
pkmad77

Post by pkmad77 »

If you would like to sideload apps from android to blackberry Gospel library you should download them from these links in this forum using Chrome. Internet explorer turns them back into apk files. Just wanted to help the others searching the web for this.

I also cannot get LDS Tools to work. I get same force close error at launch.

Thanks everyone who does this work!
raugust2

Post by raugust2 »

Hi there. Please help! I cannot find an LDS Tools anywhere that will work with my BlackBerry z10. I've side loaded the Gospel Library, and that works great. I've tried all the versions available on lds.org's side loading page, 4-5 other site's downloads as well as converting the apk's directly to a .bar, but none of them do more than open, then force close after loading to my device. I have the latest leaked os (10.2.0.1725). Does anyone have a link to help me get this running? Thanks!

Return to “BlackBerry LDS Tools”