LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the LDS Tools application.
autryld

Re: LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10

Post by autryld »

I installed Stake Central when it was still available from Google Play. I didn't use it after LDS Tools came out and SC and the other non-Church LDS address book apps were taken down. When I got my Playbook I found that there were limited LDS apps available and LDS Tools was not in the Blackberry store. I also attempted to side load LDS Tools but it wouldn't run. I dug into my Android phone backup files and retrieved a copy of SC. I then found a website that converted apk files to bar files. SC side loaded easily and runs fine. I don't know if this will work for anyone else but good luck.

I recently replaced my Playbook with a 7" Android tablet primarily because of the limited availability of apps. The Playbook is a very fine tablet but it has been orphaned by Blackberry (formerly RIM). I was hoping to see BB10 on it but that nixed by the CEO.
raugust2

Post by raugust2 »

Is there anyone that is involved in app development that could take the latest LDS Tools app that I converted to a .bar file from an .apk and work out the bugs? I don't have the know-how. It would need to be developed for the 10.2 OS, I believe. I tried, but got very lost very quickly. Here is a link to the .bar of the latest release of LDS Tools:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r0pxyq7122fy ... 2223.0.bar
Thank you to anyone who'll attempt this.
Tzigane79

Post by Tzigane79 »

raufust2, I just used your link and loaded it on my Q10. It works well! The only problem is the back bar on the Q10 covers up some of the screen. However, I can still create a pin and I don't think you'll have a problem on the Z10. Right now, this is the only working bb10 bar file I've been able to find. Great job!

If it's not working for you, it may be your bb10 os. I found a version of the new bb10.2.1.575 and loaded that and it seems to work fine.
johnaclark

Post by johnaclark »

OS 10.2.1.1055 can be found over at CrackBerry.com. I have it loaded on my Z10 and Q10 with very few issues. This new OS has an unlocked runtime and fully supports Jelly Bean. Additionally, Android apk files can be loaded directly to the device. I have the latest version of LDS Tools for Android running on both my Q10 and Z10 with no issues.

I'd still like to see a native BB10 app rather than just android ports but this is a huge leap for BB10 users. No idea when it will be released officially but I've heard Jan/Feb which in BB time means June of next year!
scrid2000

Post by scrid2000 »

Check out LDS Ward Tools in BlackBerry World! http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore ... t/20393848
IXofXIII

Post by IXofXIII »

Would this run on the playbook?
ccampbell

Re: LDS Tools for BlackBerry 10 --- FIX Link

Post by ccampbell »

As stated by johnaclark above, there is an article at crackberry.com explaining how to get Android Apps to work on a BlackBerry 10. I have a BlackBerry Q5 running software release 10.2.1.2941, and have followed the instructions to load LDS Tools (2.2.3.0 (20131014-1944))...and it works!

Go to this link: http://crackberry.com/how-use-snap-blac ... -apk-files

It will explain everything. The 8th bullet point indicates that you have to click on the BB symbol in Chrome and enter the IP address there (plus the PIN) if you are getting a 404 message. That wasn't clear to me on first reading.

After installing the application, you can turn off Development Mode.

Don't know if this works on the PlayBook. Will have to try it.

I wonder if the Church will think about posting the .bar file to BlackBerry World?
johnba

Post by johnba »

johnaclark and ccampbell, you have made my day. now running LDS Tools on my Z10.
archernie

Post by archernie »

Blackberry and Amazon recently teamed up to bring the amazon appstore to blackberry. The LDS tools app from the amazon appstore works with Blackberry 10 devices.

From your browser on your phone go to http://www.amazon.com/getappstore in order to download the amazon app store.

(note: uninstall all previous versions of LDS tools you may have attempted to install. It didn't work for me until I did this.)

Log in using an amazon account and download the app from the amazon app store app on your blackberry. It's worked great for me!

Return to “BlackBerry LDS Tools”