Availability of new content for Blackberry Gospel Library

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
dkwong

Availability of new content for Blackberry Gospel Library

Post by dkwong »

I have Gospel Library version 1.0.6.8. on a BlackBerry Bold 9900. Does anybody know when new content for 2013 will be available i.e. new Teachings of Presidents manual and Gospel Doctrine. I've tried "Download Latest Content" and "Advanced Settings > Re-configure, Download All" so I'm wondering if the content is available yet. Also, I can't seem to get the latest conference talks either i.e. October 2012.
Jacec

Re: Availability of new content for Blackberry Gospel Librar

Post by Jacec »

Can someone from the church comment? It would be great if we could get the latest content on BlackBerry soon.

Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jacec wrote:Can someone from the church comment?
Gospel Library for the Blackberry is a volunteer community project. It is highly unlikely that a church employee is going to have any information you need or is even going to see this thread. For more information about support for Blackberry Gospel Library support see Gospel Library support - BlackBerry.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jngibert

Post by jngibert »

If we have time and knowledge, how do we contribute to getting newer content on the Gospel Library for the Blackberry?
kittykathi

Post by kittykathi »

ldscriptures.com/support says

"Unfortunately we will not be updating the Blackberry app going forward. We took a chance on the platform because it is a very challenging platform, and unfortunately the Blackberry market is being overtaken by Android and iOS. We do hope you will consider our app for another platform." :(
dowshirey5499

Post by dowshirey5499 »

I wonder if they are talking about the older BB os (7.1 and older). Seems like there is a new opportunity going forward with the new BB 10 os, what with the expanded support for Android apps.
robertswanson

Post by robertswanson »

By not supporting the older BB 7.1 OS the church is missing out on opportunities in many third world countries. I just finished another visit to India, Nepal and Bangladesh and noticed the people(average Indian/Nepalese person) that did use smart phones to access the Gospel were using the older BB phones 9900, 9700, etc.. This is due to them being affordable there. 2G and Edge is still big here without 4G being available. When I visited the branch in Moolchand for General Conference, I noticed several investigators still looking at the 2013 conference and trying to follow along with the 2014 not knowing that it was not updated. In Nepal, the church has only one branch and again in Kathmandu the old BB 7.1 OS reigned supreme. In America, Japan, etc.. the BB 7.1 devices are outdated and old with nobody really using them; however, these old devices are shipped abroad to third world countries where they are widely used. The LDS Tech support community should rethink it strategy and support BB 7.1 and the older BB devices. These areas are just now opening up for the church and every little bit support to bring the Gospel to the people helps. On another note, with a functioning LDS BB 7.1 app it is easy to just download the information to a micro SD and hand them out to investigators to read the Book of Mormon on their phone.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kittykathi wrote:ldscriptures.com/support says
This is a third-party app's web site, not the church's official Gospel Library app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”