Updating callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Updating callings

Post by drepouille »

I just received this question from a bishop:

"We've tried a few times to update leadership callings in MLS, but they
don't show up in the sustaining list - any suggestions?"
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Updating callings

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure they are being placed in standard callings, not custom positions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just looked, and they all appear to be standard callings. They entered the name of the young women second counselor, and she does appear in a standard calling. However, she does not appear in the sustaining list -- that position shows blank.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We've had some reports of this issue in our Ward Conferences. It appears that you must remove the entire line and re-add them for them to appear. If you remove the 'name only' or person only then it doesn't show up in the sustaining list. If I recall, the Secretary was not affected but other leadership was.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I just came from a ward conference where the Young Women section of the List of Officers Sustained would not update. All the old callings were lined out and new callings penciled in.

The clerk said that in this area and the Primary area, when he would add a new calling, it would populate the list of callings at the second position and push the others down, and when he sorted, it would delete all the new callings, along with a few others that had been there previously.

Our stake clerk is staying late to gather more details.
clf23

Post by clf23 »

We had the same problem here, terribly annoying. We had maybe 5 to 8 callings that did not self-populate. We had to remove them, then re-add them. In the end it worked, but I am in the process going over all of our callings again and finding many errors that I suspect were propagated during the recent MLS updates (I'll be posting a separate thread outlining those separate issues). Anyhow, it appears you need to remove the callings and then re-add them.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”