USB Flash setup for Come Follow Me videos on Roku Player

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
stephengrigg

Re: USB Flash setup for Come Follow Me videos on Roku Player

Post by stephengrigg »

No such luck. I'm only using Windows Defender and I turned it off but still see the same thing. I've also tried compatibility mode just in case the problem is with Windows 10.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

stephengrigg wrote:I love the USB Video Manager but it no longer exports for me.
Not sure if it matters but I'm using a library from http://paulwhiting.github.io/GospelLibr ... ry_rss.xml
Let me know the specific library within that list and I will take a look at it.
paulw

Post by paulw »

stephengrigg wrote:I love the USB Video Manager but it no longer exports for me. I am using Windows 10 and when I try to do an export I always get an error that it is unable to copy a *.jpg file. The file it has a problem with is always different. After I get the error the export stops. It seems to setup the folder structure and fails before any videos are copied to that folder structure. I've tried different computers but get the same result. I am using the 20140102 version which I think is the latest.

What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if it matters but I'm using a library from http://paulwhiting.github.io/GospelLibr ... ry_rss.xml
I looked into this issue over the weekend and discovered that the program was unable to download the video thumbnails, causing the error you are seeing. I fixed this problem so it should work for you now. (XML as of 2017-02-05) To be honest I don't really use the export functionality of USB Video Manager so I didn't test it as well as I should have.

The unfortunate downside to all of this is that depending on which library you're using the USB Video Manager may very well crash. As mentioned by rknelson, the larger "full library" XML files are crashing the USB Video Manager and that issue is still unresolved. The English libraries in my XML files will do this, so hopefully you're using one of the smaller non-English languages that won't crash. For now with English you may want to stick with what rknelson provides in the default libraries, especially if mine crash.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q2 2017 "Come, Follow Me" curriculum video libraries for USB Video Manager are now available. All videos listed in the online youth lessons as of today are included.
The current version of USB Video Manager works fine on these files.

Also, there is a updated version of USB Video Manager which will be available shortly (Paul and I have tested it) which works with the huge library files for downloading the entire LDS.org video library. There will be a post in this thread when it is available for download.
paulw

Post by paulw »

For those interested, the newer version of the USB video manager can be downloaded from http://www.glancyfamily.net/USBVideoMan ... 170305.zip. Note that this is the zipped version and not the windows MSI installer version, so you'll have to manually update your start menu shortcut, or perhaps even uninstall the old version so you don't accidentally run the wrong one and then wonder why it crashes. I don't know when the installer version will be available.

From my testing it uses about 3gb of memory when loading the full library, so if you have an older system with limited resources you should keep that in mind.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q3 2017 "Come, Follow Me" curriculum video libraries for USB Video Manager are now available. All videos listed in the online youth lessons as of today are included.
The Mormon Messages video library was also updated.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q4 2017 curriculum video libraries have been updated in USB Video Manager and now include Priesthood / Relief Society (Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley), Gospel Doctrine (Doctrine and Covenants) along with Youth lessons (Come. Follow Me). All videos referenced in the lessons are included.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q1 2018 youth "Come, Follow Me" video libraries (AP, YW & youth Sunday School) have been updated. All videos referenced in the lessons are included. Mormon Messages is also updated with all videos released as of today.
dbcottam

Post by dbcottam »

Is there a possibility you would share the code? I would like to modify it a little to fit my needs better. This is amazing and I love it!
paulw

Post by paulw »

If you're referring to the USB Video Manager code you can find that at https://github.com/cglancy/USBMediaManager.

If you're referring to code to generate the XML library files that the USB Video Manager uses you can find code that I use at https://github.com/paulwhiting/GospelLibraryVideos. Rknelson uses a different method so if that's what you're interested in then he'll have to speak to that.

Return to “Digital Media”