Welcome βeta Testers!

For community testing of Clerk Resources
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Welcome βeta Testers!

Post by jkitterman »

Clerk Resources βeta (https://beta.lds.org/mls/mbr) is now open for testing. Currently, the beta is available by invitation, but may become more widely available in the near future. If you would like your unit to participate, please contact us at clerkbeta@ldschurch.org

Please provide feedback (thumbs-up, thumbs-down, enhancement requests, etc.) using the new Feedback "ribbon" in the lower-right area of the screen. Keep in mind that new features may be available in English only.

Current major βeta features include
  • Move records out
    Restructure households
    Manage move restrictions
Our roadmap includes upcoming features
  • Activate / update temple recommends (Stake level)
    Update / manage callings (incl. set apart)
    Record / update ordinances (baptism, priesthood)
Thanks for your help!
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
zaneclark

Re: Welcome βeta Testers!

Post by zaneclark »

On Sunday, my bishop asked if I could move records out from my home computer.....I told him it was in the works and would probably be possible later this year....and here it is! Or at least in beta....Thank you for all the work that goes into something of this magnitude. It makes my clerk calling much easier.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Today, I was easily able to move out 2 families using my iPad.... The ultimate portable MLS!
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

The Clerk Resources Beta FAQ is now posted in the Record-keeping and Technology Support website. It is currently available in 9 languages. More will be added this year.

Please use this valuable resource if you have questions concerning beta testing in Clerk Resources.
jthaynes

Post by jthaynes »

Are there any timelines available for the additional features being released (Manage callings, update ordinances) in clerk resources?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

and maybe the stake can do something also?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

We're always hesitant to post release schedules because the schedules frequently change. However, we hope this will provide you with some kind of idea of what and when. Please remember these releases are to our beta environment, not to full production. Full production releases will occur once translation of the content is available.

Disclaimer: This content is subject to change and is no guarantee of content or release date.
CR Beta Release Tentative Schedule 2013.png
Clerk Resources Tentative Beta Release Schedule 2013
(15.27 KiB) Downloaded 1759 times
mevans

Post by mevans »

Thanks, PartridgeRM, for being willing to share a tentative schedule. It's nice to see things like this. If nothing else, it gives us an idea of what might be coming. I hope no one abuses having this information and starts badgering for "It's August...where is it?"
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

mevans wrote:Thanks, PartridgeRM, for being willing to share a tentative schedule. It's nice to see things like this. If nothing else, it gives us an idea of what might be coming. I hope no one abuses having this information and starts badgering for "It's August...where is it?"
I for 2 love this as well. Most of the times dates are irrelevant to me, the items in queue is what I'm hoping to get some exposure to.

Maybe a tech form could be created with a giant disclaimer flashing lights, etc... but it could be a place to put out some roadmap information to your community of users
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
showseason

Post by showseason »

So is the Beta Testing over? Signing on today, I don't have access to the Beta Clerk's Resources.

Return to “Beta Clerk Resources”