Broadcasting stake conference - question 1

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is your DSL still 1.5/734? Any options to get better upload bandwidth? Given what you are doing, it might be cost justifiable to upgrade the service.

How was the sound? One of the things that really irks me is the sound of a organ over some of the audio compressions systems. The results are anything but uplifting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

RussellHltn wrote:Is your DSL still 1.5/734? Any options to get better upload bandwidth? Given what you are doing, it might be cost justifiable to upgrade the service.

How was the sound? One of the things that really irks me is the sound of a organ over some of the audio compressions systems. The results are anything but uplifting.
Unfortunately, that speed is the maximum available for where our stake center is located. The building is in a Comcast service area, but there is no cable service into the building. So our only option is DSL which we are getting through Qwest. When we first explored our broadband options, I tried Sprint's EVDO service. The maximum speeds I was able to get were about 20% of what we get with DSL.

The sound was very good. The SlingBoxes seem to prioritize the audio over the video. So if they are having trouble keeping up, the video will degrade before the audio.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danpass wrote:The building is in a Comcast service area, but there is no cable service into the building.
Not as nice and neat as DSL, but it sounds like cable can be done. I know some of the FHCs in my area are on cable. I'd be really surprised if any of them had cable service into the building before they signed up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
randysteck-p40

Conference broadcast with no Slingbox

Post by randysteck-p40 »

For a solution using Windows Media Encoder, see http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=20457

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”