Drag and Drop photo upload does not work

Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
thebundok

Drag and Drop photo upload does not work

Post by thebundok »

When attempting to drag and drop upload a photo instead of the uploading dialogue the photos open in the internet browser instead. This is true for all 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE).

Additionally, in the dialogue box that pops up after clicking "Add Photo", hovering over the hyperlink does not change the mouse cursor in Chrome and in IE and Firefox the cursor changes to the text "I-beam" cursor. The link is still clickable however.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Drag and Drop photo upload does not work

Post by jdlessley »

thebundok wrote:When attempting to drag and drop upload a photo instead of the uploading dialogue the photos open in the internet browser instead. This is true for all 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE).
It works just fine for me using Firefox 19.0. Just make sure when dragging and dropping that the drop location box changes to a darker color (the background for the "Drag a photo here" box changes to a darker color) to indicate the file is in the right place on the web page before releasing the mouse button.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

It's definitely not working for me. First test was at work on a different machine. Just tested now at home with Firefox v.19 and Chrome v.25 and got the same results. I am dragging to the correct location as indicated by the darker grey you mentioned. The result is that the photo opens in the same tab/window instead of uploading. I can take the time to do a video capture of the process if necessary.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Can the same photo be added using the select a photo method? Are there any browser options disabled, such as JavaScript?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

Interestingly I could at work but at home Chrome and Firefox hang on the uploading process like my other post suggests (https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=15576).

The photo in question was originally a 1680x1120, 132KB JPEG image. I resized the image to 500x375, 84.9KB JPEG just to make sure the dimensions weren't the issue but I can't upload that photo (or any others that I've tested). I did have one successful upload on my work computer but only using Firefox.

On a possibly related note, Internet Explorer 9 does not allow a drag and drop upload option. Instead I get a single "Select" button which allows me to go through the regular process of finding a photo via explorer but still hangs on upload like the other browsers.

Return to “Beta Directory”