Testing with AOL

Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
Aliceb39

Testing with AOL

Post by Aliceb39 »

I was trying to crop a photo of two people so that only one person was in the photo, but it wouldn't let me. I understand wanting the uniform size, but if the picture I use has two women and I can't crop out the one that's not me, people won't know who is being pictured.

I like the idea that there are various levels of info--ward, stake, leadership--but seeing the gray oval with "Stake" was not intuitive to me. I just realized I didn't check to see if there was an example page that explained the levels.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Testing with AOL

Post by jdlessley »

Aliceb39 wrote:I was trying to crop a photo of two people so that only one person was in the photo, but it wouldn't let me.
The cropping provided is not the type of cropping available from a photo editing program. Instead only proportional adjustment of corner points is currently possible . Even then I find the page needs to be refreshed to show the last edit. If the page is not refreshed then the image appears to be as it was before the edit/crop. For the most part I find it advisable to edit images before uploading to ensure the image will be as you want.

Another issue I have with the crop feature is that once the image is cropped you cannot recover the image to it's original state if you made an error and cropped too much. I had to upload the photo again to redo the crop. At least that is how it is working for me in Firefox.
Aliceb39 wrote:I like the idea that there are various levels of info--ward, stake, leadership--but seeing the gray oval with "Stake" was not intuitive to me.
This is the visibility setting (privacy setting). The default visibility in the U.S. is stake visibility. The visibility settings are described in the Directory Help. The Directory Help is accessed by clicking the Help button in the upper right of the page on the Directory title bar. In the Help contents click "Editing Your Profile". There are several sections related to privacy settings on that page - "Default Privacy Settings", "Elements for Which You can Set Privacy Options", "Overall Household Privacy Level", "Set Privacy Levels for Each Household Member", "Set an Overall Household Privacy Level", and "Review the Privacy Agreement".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Re: Testing with AOL

Post by mevans »

Aliceb39 wrote:I like the idea that there are various levels of info--ward, stake, leadership--but seeing the gray oval with "Stake" was not intuitive to me. I just realized I didn't check to see if there was an example page that explained the levels.
I agree it's not intuitive. There's some discussion about this in other threads:

Return to “Beta Directory”