Missionary email system

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

Ahhh, but that doesn't give me today's missing email. I only got a short note referring to it once again. My missionary tends to print my posts to read later because only a few minutes are allowed online. Hopefully she'll follow the suggestion next week --- after she has a chance to read it.
joel

Working on it

Post by joel »

We're working on a new email system. It's being pilot tested in a dozen or so missions. Rolling out more missions every month. It will be oodles better than the current one. Be patient.
blaineandholly-p40

Server down?

Post by blaineandholly-p40 »

I was just wondering if the Server was down today. I have had several families of missionaries from our ward contact me to see if we received a letter from our son. We did not nor did any of the other parents in our Ward.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

blaineandholly wrote:I was just wondering if the Server was down today. I have had several families of missionaries from our ward contact me to see if we received a letter from our son. We did not nor did any of the other parents in our Ward.
The missionaries in our ward used the family history computers this past Monday (yesterday) to do their Email and from what I saw they had no problem. Everyonce in a while the "P" day is moved to another day in the week, if the Elders are going to do something special as a group. One such occasion is a trip to the Temple. They would move their "P" day to another day in the week so they could attend the temple.

The result of this change is that Email normally received on a Monday would be delayed until later in the week. With this said, if it goes beyond a week or so with no communication, then I'd contact the mission office. Sometimes missionaries are simply forgetful. :o
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mschellman

Post by mschellman »

Joel Dehlin wrote:We're working on a new email system. It's being pilot tested in a dozen or so missions. Rolling out more missions every month. It will be oodles better than the current one. Be patient.
My son now uses the new email system and says it is great! And it has the look and feel of a google or yahoo account.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

It's based at Google Apps, I believe.
mhancock65-p40

Post by mhancock65-p40 »

I need some help trying to determine my daughter's new email address. She is in the Buenos Aires mission and told us that she will need to use a new email address. She gave it to us, I tried it and my email came back as undeliverable. Can someone please tell me the new format the email addresses? Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mhancock65 wrote:I need some help trying to determine my daughter's new email address. She is in the Buenos Aires mission and told us that she will need to use a new email address. She gave it to us, I tried it and my email came back as undeliverable. Can someone please tell me the new format the email addresses? Thanks
I don't know the general answer, but my daughter is serving a mission right now and she was issued a new email address. It is in the format first.last@myldsmail.net. Now of course, some names like John Smith will have multiple missionaries with the same name, so they would have to be made unique by some system such as first.last2@myldsmail.net.

But in any case, it's possible that your daughter mistyped the address, or that you mistyped it from her message to you. The most accurate way to get her address is for her to send you an email using her new myldsmail.net account. Then you could look at the sending address and be sure you know precisely what it is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”