Missionary Online System Question

Discussions about other Church websites
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary Online System Question

Post by lajackson »

simontrevormugalula wrote:My mission papers have been pending at the Area Office
Your stake president should contact the Area Office and let them know that the application no longer needs to be held.
simontrevormugalula

Post by simontrevormugalula »

Thank You.,
I will talk to my Stake President and he communicates to the Area Office to see my Papers getting pushed forward to the next level but i do not know why they got paused for such a long time.
adisynkaylabrown

Post by adisynkaylabrown »

My call is to the Philippines and the mission call packet, which I can download as a pdf, says a passport application is included, but I can't find it in the packet or anywhere in the portal. I don't know where to find it?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You can get it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... apply.html

Passports are issued by the government, not the church, so it is possible they removed the form if the government updated the form.
meganruff

Post by meganruff »

Does anyone know if there is a different process for missionary applications that have one of the mental health questions flagged? It seems to be taking much longer with SLC than other people's and there are little rumors about it sitting there for 4 weeks, being sent back, required therapist visits before re submission, etc. Is it standard, does someone evaluate whether additional stuff is needed on a case by case basis, or are all "yes" answers dumped into the same slow process? If they are, what is it? It would be great if the church was transparent about it so people would be able to plan on extra time or know what to expect.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

meganruff wrote:Does anyone know if there is a different process for missionary applications that have one of the mental health questions flagged? It seems to be taking much longer with SLC than other people's
The process is the same. Anything unusual is reviewed carefully, and it would be expected that an application would take longer to process if that were the case.

Missionary work is strenuous and demanding, both physically and mentally. Care is taken to make sure a potential missionary has every chance of success if he or she is called to serve.
xyzarth10

Post by xyzarth10 »

What if the First Presidency and all of the apostles are outside of the country, will it affect the period of time for me to wait for my mission call? Because my application states that it is "Ready for Assignment". Will I wait a few weeks more? Thanks for replying.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

xyzarth10 wrote:What if the First Presidency and all of the apostles are outside of the country, will it affect the period of time for me to wait for my mission call? Because my application states that it is "Ready for Assignment". Will I wait a few weeks more?
No, you will not wait any longer than normal. Missionary assignments are made once a week. The Brethren will not be gone that long.
xyzarth10

Post by xyzarth10 »

If I may ask, what day of the week do the First Presidency and Apostles meet to assign missionary candidates to their assigned missions? And how many days will I wait to receive my call after they have made the mission assignment? Thank you for your reply.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

xyzarth10 wrote:If I may ask, what day of the week do the First Presidency and Apostles meet to assign missionary candidates to their assigned missions?
It varies, depending on the schedule of the Apostle who is asked to make the assignments that week. I expect that this coming week it may be later in the week because the Twelve are in Italy at the dedication of the Rome Italy Temple, which continues through Tuesday.

Before calls were sent by email, an assignment made in a particular week would be approved, processed, and the call letter and accompanying materials would arrive in the Church mail room the following Tuesday to be mailed that day. Depending on mail time, calls would arrive later that week or early the following week in the United States. Of course, it took longer to other parts of the world.

Now that calls are sent by email, I do not know when that happens. It is possible they go out early in the week, but I do not know for sure.

So I suppose if all goes according to plan that assignments would be made this coming week and calls would be sent out by email the following week. There are other factors involved, such as whether or not a call letter needs to be translated into the language of the missionary being called. That would add some time to the process, but probably no more than a day.

Now, please ignore everything I have just said. Do not sit by your mailbox or your inbox waiting for a call to arrive. You have been preparing, hopefully for years, to serve as a missionary. Continue to do those things that have helped you become worthy to attend the temple and ready to serve the Lord as his representative.

The call will come when it comes.

Return to “Other Websites”