Missionary Online System Question

Discussions about other Church websites
richardalee

Missionary Online Donations

Post by richardalee »

A senior missionary couple is in the field. They appear on the missionaries list for the ward, but they do not appear on the online donations lists under the Ward Missionary Fund. How do I get them on that list so the donations are flagged correctly online?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary Online System Question

Post by jdlessley »

Senior missionary subcategories (accounts) of the Ward Missionary Fund are generally treated the same as for young missionaries. There are some exceptions. The subcategory is created by church headquarters with information provided by the Missionary Department. The Ward Missionary Fund subcategory should be created just before the missionaries go to the Missionary Training Center (MTC). If the subcategory does not appear under the Ward Missionary Fund during the month the missionaries depart to the MTC then you may need to contact the global service center (GSC) to check on the matter.

One possible reason the missionaries do not appear under the Ward Missionary Fund is that the unit with financial responsibility is not your unit. But you will find out if this is the case when you contact the GSC. Before you contact the GSC you can go into the Missionary Online Recommendation System and check what unit has financial responsibility.

If you are certain the ward has financial responsibility, you can deposit donations for those missionaries in the general Ward Missionary Fund. Then when the subcategory is created by church headquarters you can recategorize the donations to the appropriate subcategory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
markjosephrobbins

Post by markjosephrobbins »

Our son’s portal now says “ready for assignment”. How long until he receives his call after thy?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

markjosephrobbins wrote:Our son’s portal now says “ready for assignment”. How long until he receives his call after thy?
It depends on how many assignments are waiting to be made by the scheduling committee. It should be soon, but there is no set time frame.
mjharris

Post by mjharris »

On what day of the week are assignments for senior missionaries generally made?
mjharris

Post by mjharris »

Another question; are senior missionary calls sent out on a particular day every week? Or does it depend on what day the assignment is actually made?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mjharris wrote:On what day of the week are assignments for senior missionaries generally made?
Another question; are senior missionary calls sent out on a particular day every week?
It is my understanding that missionary assignments are made each week based on the schedule of the Apostle who is assigned for that week. Usually, it happens on Tuesday or Wednesday, but again, it depends on his schedule.

I also understand that missionary assignments made during the week are usually distributed the following Tuesday after the missionary call letter and information packets are prepared.

I believe that senior missionary assignments follow the same schedule, but in truth, I have no way of knowing, as the Church does not announce such things.
Chrimildo

Post by Chrimildo »

hi, i would like to receive my mission call by mail,im still axiuos,my portal missionary its still pendind to drop the pin letter.
simontrevormugalula

Post by simontrevormugalula »

AM ASKING, IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY OF RESTORING A CANCELLED MISSION CALL!!!???
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

simontrevormugalula wrote:Is there any possibility of restoring a cancelled mission call?
You would need to visit with your bishop and/or stake president to learn if this will be possible.

Return to “Other Websites”