LDS HYMNS for Kindle Fire

Sheila57

LDS HYMNS for Kindle Fire

Post by Sheila57 »

How can we get that? My Parents both have the Kindle Fire and they want the Hymns with notes not just words. I know nothing about side loading.and don't want to break their tablets. and I really don't know much about Kindle Fire.
jasonlesliewright

Re: LDS HYMNS for Kindle Fire

Post by jasonlesliewright »

Right now the best app that I have seen for this is LDS Hymns with Notes. It's available in the Play store or can be downloaded from their website here: http://www.ldsdudes.com/main/downloads/
For the Kindle Fire you'll probably need to download it from the website. The developer of this app is going to be starting on the official LDS Music for Android app soon but until that is ready, this is the easiest one I've ever seen (on Android or iOS).
Sheila57

Post by Sheila57 »

HEY thanks!!!!!
jasonlesliewright wrote:Right now the best app that I have seen for this is LDS Hymns with Notes. It's available in the Play store or can be downloaded from their website here: http://www.ldsdudes.com/main/downloads/
For the Kindle Fire you'll probably need to download it from the website. The developer of this app is going to be starting on the official LDS Music for Android app soon but until that is ready, this is the easiest one I've ever seen (on Android or iOS).
potterstrom

Post by potterstrom »

I have tried the ldsdudes.com site and all I get is a "404 page failed" message. Any other suggestions on downloading the hymnal music plus notes on the kindle fire?
Sheila57

Post by Sheila57 »

potterstrom wrote:I have tried the ldsdudes.com site and all I get is a "404 page failed" message. Any other suggestions on downloading the hymnal music plus notes on the kindle fire?
I just tried and got the same response...... would still like to see if I could get the Hymns on my Mom's Kindle Fire,,,,,, with the words and notes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Looks to me like the LDSDudes website took a dive. It's currently nothing but a placeholder. You may just have to wait for them to rebuild it.

Doesn't the Kindle have the Amazon app store? Some of the links that come up suggest that the app is available in Amazon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jkcook

Post by jkcook »

Can't find the hymnal in Kindle form. That must be authorized by the publisher, so the Church has to do it, not some stray web person.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Music, the Church's official music app, is in the Amazon Appstore:
http://www.amazon.com/Church-Jesus-Chri ... 00ZVGHTDY/
It includes sheet music.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
samykins

Post by samykins »

I am on kindle paperwhite and I want to purchase or download the hymnbook (freferably download). Any way i could get it on kindle paperwhite?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

samykins wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:28 pm I am on kindle paperwhite and I want to purchase or download the hymnbook (freferably download). Any way i could get it on kindle paperwhite?
The Kindle Paperwhite doesn't support Android apps like Sacred Music or Gospel Library (as far as I know). Your best bet is probably to use a PDF of the hymnbook. If you go to Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org > Music > Hymns, you'll see a download button at the top right, and you can download a PDF of the hymnbook.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mobile Applications”